chapter 17

Joy's Pov

I couldn't believe it, he had just rejected me, It took so much in me to be able to even utter the words and he rejected me. I couldn't stop thinking about this as my manager drove me back to the dorm.

As I went up to the dorm I was preoccupied as I was still thinking about today's earlier events and mentally slapping myself for it. Once I got inside I had planned on just going straight to bed but I was surprised by many small confetti canons going off and a loud shrill of HAPPY BIRTHDAY! From my members and my family.

It took a while for me to register what was going on, I had totally forgotten that today was my birthday. I smiled at the people that I cherished so much in my life and went to hug everyone. I went through the motions of a birthday party and tried my best to keep my mind off of the mess that was my love life.

Once the party had settled down and my family had left to go home I made an excuse of being tired as I went to go sleep. While I was getting ready for sleep seulgi unnie came inside with a small gift box. She jumped onto my bed "here is a gift from your boyfriend!" She said handing me the box "it was delivered yesterday we had to keep it a secret from you till now. Gosh he is so sweet I hope you guys date for a long time" she continued to ramble on and I couldn't hold it in anymore "WE BROKE UP! OK WE BROKE UP! PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM" I looked over at seulgi unnie who looked shocked at my outburst. "I'm sorry unnie I didn't mean to yell like that" I apologized she shook her head and came over and embraced me "you looked a little bit off the past couple of days but I didn't want to pry into your business, but sooyoungah if you are having a hard time I'm all ears I'll try to help as much as I can don't keep it all to yourself ok?" She said trying to comfort me I nodded against her shoulder. After a while we let go and she asked "do you want to talk about it?" I didn't want to share my problems with my unnies as I was sure they had their own issues so I didn't tell them about the break up but it was eating me up inside not having someone to talk to so I spilled my guts to seulgi unnie, all from what happened at the village and about my feelings for sungjae and how ilhoon reacted to the break up. After I finished spilling my guts seulgi unnie looked speechless for a moment and all she said was "wow" she pulled me into another hug "gosh sooyoung I didn't know you were going through so much, why do you keep things to yourself sometimes you need to let it out, don't keep things that is emotionally hurting you ok?" "I just don't want to push my problems unto you guys I feel bad" she patted me on the back "don't ever feel like that I'm always here for you ok?" I replied with an ok. "So what are you gonna do with sungjae?" She asked "I don't know I want to give up I mean he already flat-out rejected me, and I get why, he doesn't want to hurt ilhoon and frankly I don't either but I still want to be with him so bad, does that make me a bad person?" I asked she shook her head "no from what I can see you guys both like each other and love is selfish so I say go for it" she replied "you really think so?" I asked "yeah I'll help you in anyway possible" I smiled and hugged her again, I am so glad I decided to open up to her. We planned a surprise event for when sungjae came back from Japan I would surprise him since we were filming that day. We talked with the other members and they all agreed to help out I was excited that all my members seemed didn't judge me and my decision like I excepted I was so glad to have such a supportive group like them.

Sungjae's POV

She liked me? She really liked me what the hell is going on it had been a day since I got back to Japan I had been going through everything like normal but couldn't help but think about joy and her confession all I wanted to do when she said she liked me was hug her and say that I felt the same but ilhoon hyung's words were at the back of my head "I think it might kill me if I saw her with you" this sentence kept running through my mind on the one hand I wanted to say fuck it and just be with her but on the other hand I couldn't hurt my hyung. I was snapped out of inner turmoil by ilhoon hyung who hugged me from behind "gosh dude thanks" he said excitedly I looked at him with a confused look and he continued "joy just texted me! This is the first text I've gotten from her since we broke up, I thought she was completely done with me" he said then got somber "not that I blame her if she was done with me completely but she texted, I think the letter really touched her, thanks for delivering it" being curious and a little jealous that he got a text and I hadn't I asked "what did she text? Does she want to get back with you or something?" He opened his phone to show me the text which was just a picture of joy with what looked like a unicorn thingy and a caption that said "thanks for the birthday present and the letter" OMG I totally forgot about her birthday, dang it! She confessed on her birthday and I was so rude. This realization made me feel 100 times worse than I already felt. I focused on her beautiful face getting lost in her eyes, even her pictures had an effect on me. "This is a step in the right direction don't you think?" Ilhoon hyung asked still feeling a bit jealous I nodded and made an excuse to leave. Why didn't she text me at all? She's the one that confessed after all, maybe she is mad I didn't even wish her happy Birthday. I needed to make it up to her because even though we couldn't be together I didn't want to ruin our friendship.