Chapter 20: Floyd Lawton

"D-dad?" I asked, on the verge of tears. He nodded slowly. It was like the dam of emotions broke. . . I began sobbing as I threw my arms around him. I could tell he was surprised, but he relaxed and hugged me back. I cried into his shoulder as he caressed my hair.

"Deadshot," Batman said, his voice low. "P-please, Batman, called me Floyd. . ." my father said, tears slipping down his cheeks. He released his hold on me and stood up. "I understand you have to take me to Arkham. I won't object," he said. I looked up at him, shocked. "W-will I get to see you again. . ?" I asked, shaking slightly. He crouched down to my eye-level and nodded. "It may not be for a while, but you will see me again." He kissed my forehead and walked away. "I miss your mother, Hailey, but I'm more than happy I still have you."

Batman escorted him to the police cars outside. Commissioner Gordon was out waiting. "Batman? What happened in there? Deadshot!?" he said, but was shocked to find Floyd freely walking to the cop car. "Please, Commissioner, call me Floyd," he said, coolly. He nodded and my father got into the back of the car, without being hand-cuffed. "Joker's deceased," Batman explained to the Commissioner.

I sighed and looked down at the pavement under my feet. Mom? Are you watching me right now?

"Hailey?"

I turned around and faced Tyler. "Y-yeah? What's up?" I asked, trying to seem ok. "You make a great superhero," he said and kissed my cheek. He turned around and walked off, but turned back with a smirk on his face. I blushed a deep shade of red.

"I'll get you for that!" I exclaimed.

"Sure you will!" he shouted back.

I folded my arms and stared back at the pavement. "Love has its twisted sense of humor. . ."