Chapter 5: Training

I stitched my own costume together. It looked amazing! I was so proud of my own work. (Costume Is Harley Quinn's from Batman Arkham Knight, also in picture above)

I tried it on, and looked at myself in the full-length mirror. I twirled around. It fits perfectly!

I heard a knock at my door. "Come in!" I yelled. Bruce walked in. "It's time to begin training, Hailey," he said. I nodded. I quickly  pulled my hair up into pigtails. The ends of my hair on the left are black, and on the right side they are red.

I followed Bruce down to the Batcave. He led me to a small platform. Tim. . . Er. . . Robin was waiting for me in the middle of the platform. "You're going to fight Robin," Bru-Batman said to me. "How did you change so fast?" I asked with my mouth open. He shrugged, "You better learn to change quickly, if you want to help us fight crime," Robin told me. I rolled my eyes.

I stepped onto the platform and faced my opponent. I know why you taught me martial arts now, I thought. So, I would be ready for this.

Robin went in for the uppercut, and I blocked it. "I'm--not--going--easy--on you!" He said while throwing more punches.

I ducked down and swiped my leg, tripping Robin and causing him to drop to the ground. He quickly pounced back up to his feet.

He tried a roundhouse, but I did a backhand-spring to dodge. I did a side-kick and struck him in the side.

It slowed him down, but he was still a worthy opponent. "Okay!" Batman said. Robin and I stopped fighting and looked in his direction.

"Most opponents won't be as difficult, as Robin is," he said. "Now, we'll get you some gadgets.

"I don't think I'll need gadgets," I said. He raised an eyebrow, at least I think he did. "And why is that?" he asked.

I shrugged my shoulders, "Well, I'm already elite in gymnastics, so I don't think I'll need a grappling hook, and the rest. . . I'll probably hurt myself trying to use. . ."

Batman laughed, "Suit yourself, but you can change your mind anytime!" I nodded, but though of something I did want.

"Batman?" I asked. "Hmm?" he replied. "Can I have a bat? Like, a baseball bat?" He smiled at me. "I'm guessing you want an identical one to the one Harley had?" I nodded.

"Okay," he said. "We'll get you one." I smiled at him. "I saw you practicing," said a voice behind me. "Pretty impressive work, if I say so myself." I turned around and saw Selena Kyle standing behind me.

"Selena? You know Bruce Wayne is Batman, too?" I asked, my mouth open. She smirked. Oh shoot, I thought. I immediately covered my mouth.

"Don't worry sweetie," she said twirling one of my pigtails between her fingers. "I've know for quite some time, now." Batman folded his arms. "You can't say much, Catwoman."

I looked at Selena, then Batman, then Selena again. Selena smiled and winked at me. That explains how she was so close to my mother. . .

Explaining time again. Basically, when my mom, Harley Quinn, would get rejected or something, Catwoman and Poison Ivy were always there to comfort her.

Suddenly, an alarm went off and the Bat Computer lit up. We all ran over to it. "Riddler," Batman mumbled. "You ready, Hailey?"

"You bet, B-man!" I said with a giant, goofy smile on my face.

Look out Gotham crime! Hailey Quinn is on the way!