Chapter 10: Lily

I woke up somewhere dark and cold. The floor was smooth stone. Slowly, my eyes adjusted to the darkness, my pupils growing. I was able to make out iron bars.

So. . . I'm in a cell. Great. . .

I looked around me, but I couldn't see anyone else. I started to get worried. I hope Batman and Robin are okay. Also, what happened to Scarlet? She's immune to chemicals, but did someone else get to her before she could help us?

"Psst," I heard someone say. I looked around my cell, but didn't see anyone. "Over here!" the voice said. I looked towards the iron bars and saw a girl. Se had bright green hair and eyes. Just like Joker. . . Her skin wasn't completely white, but it was really pale. She wore a purple T-shirt and blue jean shorts.

"W-Who are you?" I asked. "My name is Lily. Now, come on!" she said opening the cell door. "Hurry!" I got up and followed her out. She closed the door behind me. "Where are we?" I asked, dusting myself off. "We're in the Steel Mill," she replied. I looked up at her in shock. "Sionis Steel Mill? As in Roman Sionis?" She nodded.

Roman Sionis, AKA Black Mask. He broke out of Blackgate a long time ago, hasn't been seen since.

She led me down a dark corridor. "If this is supposed to be a steel mill," I started. "Why is there prison cells?" She looked at me and gave me a reassuring smile. "They're not prison cells, silly! They were used to store coal!" she explained, as if this were a tour instead of a breakout.

"Where are we going?" I asked. "I'm getting you out of here," she said, peaking around a corner, making sure no one was there. "Do you know where Batman and Robin are?" I asked her. "They're in the Boiler Room," she replied.

"Lead me there," I said, with a determination in my eyes. She looked at me like I just said, I must ride a fire truck into the Atlantic Ocean. "Why?" she whisper-yelled. "I have to help them!" I whisper-yelled back. We got into a whisper-yelling argument of whether or not to let me help them.

"They're Batman and Robin!" she exclaimed. "They'll be fine!"

"I still need to help them!" I exclaimed back.

"You need to get out of here befo-" she tried to say, before getting cut off by other voices. Her eyes widened with fear. She shoved me into a storage closet, that just so happened to be there. . . How convenient. . .

"Why does the boss need her?" a voice asked. "I don't know! Lets just grab her and go!"

My eyes widened in fear. "Are they after. . . Me?" I asked, my voice shaking. She nodded. "That's why you have to get out of here!" I was scared, but I won't leave Batman and Robin. Hang on, guys! I'm coming!