Chapter 6: Riddle Me This

We tracked down Riddler and finally found him and a boy about my age, by the Gotham River.

"Riddler me this, Batman!" Riddler yelled, holding up the diamond in the air that he just stole from the museum. "What gets wetter, the more it dries?"

"Uhh, a towel?" I asked with a 'duh' tone. He threw his arms down in frustration. "That was supposed to be for Batman!" The boy face palmed.

"I have another one you won't be able to solve!" the Riddler announced, hopping around like a toddler on Christmas. "A man leaves home and turns left 3 times!" he started. "He returns home to find 2 men wearing masks, who are those 2 men?"

You got to be kidding, I thought. "The umpire and the catcher?" I asked, putting my hands on my hips. Riddler started to throw a tantrum. "The riddles are for Batman! Not you," he screeched. I rolled my eyes. "Lets just take back the diamond," Robin said getting annoyed.

"Wait! One more riddle!" Riddler exclaimed. He scratched his chin. "Okay!" he said clapping his hands together.

He stared at me, smirking. "This one's for you, my dear," he said with a sly grin. "If a rooster laid an egg on a roof, which way would it roll?"

"Roosters don't lay eggs," I said matter-of-factly. "THAT'S IT!" Riddler shrieked. He passed the diamond to the boy and whispered something into his ear. The boy frowned, but nodded and took off towards the city. "I'll handle him," I said to Batman and Robin. They nodded and I took off after him.

I ran after the boy and left Batman and Robin to deal with Riddler. I followed him all the way into the heart of the town. He led me towards Monarch Theatre and crashed into an alley.

The sign read 'Crime Alley'. I felt uneasy, but I kept running. This is where Bruce's parents were murdered. . . I hopped a fence and rounded the corner to find the boy standing there. He had brown hair and blue eyes. He was wearing blue jeans and a red T-shirt. He also wore a pair of black hipster glasses.

I got ready for a fight. The boy just stared at me then said, "I don't want to fight." I cocked my head,"Well, I can't let you get away with that diamond, sooo. . ." He shrugged his shoulders and tossed the diamond to me. I caught it. "I don't want to be a criminal, but having him as my dad. . ."

I knew what he meant. His dad was the Riddler. It probably sucks to have a dad like him. . .

"My name's Tyler, by the way," he said putting his hands into his pockets. "Hailey," I said. He cocked his head. "You're Harley Quinn's daughter, aren't you?" I nodded my head.

"I'm going to go, see you around!" he said, before he took off down the alleyway. I watched him disappear around the corner, before I headed back to find Batman and Robin.

"Riddler got away," Robin mumbled.

"But he didn't get away with this," I exclaimed holding up the diamond. "Good job, kiddo!" Batman said. "Lets take this back to the museum."

I kept thinking about Tyler. What if he's punished for not bringing back the diamond? I hope he'll be okay. . .