Chapter 19: The Final Battle Part 2

Whack!

My bat connected with his face, stunning him long enough for Batman to knock him down, but it still wasn't over. . .

Joker merely laughed. "Give up, Bats! You can't beat me this time!" he exclaimed, trying to swipe at him. Batman dodged and said, "I'll never let you win!" Joker let out a low grow.

Bang!

The noise of the gunshot made us all stop dead in our tracks. Joker's mouth was slightly open. "T-that wasn't funny. . ." he mumbled. "T-that wasn't f-funny at all. . ." He fell over onto his back. . . Dead.

I backed up, slowly. Tyler grabbed my hand and squeezed it for comfort. "What. . . What just happened?" Robin asked, shocked.

Suddenly, someone dropped down from the rafters above. He was in bullet-proof armor. He had brown hair and brown eyes. One eye was covered by a single goggle with a red lens.

His eyes fell onto me and he gasped slightly. "H-Hailey?!" he asked, slowly walking towards me. A single tear fell down his cheek as he approached me. I wasn't scared. . . He seemed familiar. . .

He crouched down to my eye-level and placed his hand on my cheek. "You've grown up so much, since the last time I saw you. . ."

A small gasp escaped my lips. He gave me a worried look. "S-sorry," I apologized. He nodded and smiled at me. He removed his hand from my cheek. "I should be sorry," he said, looking down. "Why?" I asked him. He sighed and looked to the ground.

"I failed to save her. . ."

Suddenly, everything became crystal clear. All the shadows had vanished, and were replaced. He was the one who chased after Joker. He jumped through the window. He avenged my mother. He is my father. . .