Chapter 12: Escaping the Steel Mill Part 2

I started the 8 goons within the room, by kicking one in the face. He dropped to the floor, unconscious.

The other 7 backed away from me, and got into a fighting stance. Lily stayed hidden behind the control panel.

One of the guys came forward and tried to punch me in the jaw. I loved my head out of the way, and kneed the guy in the stomach. He dropped to the ground, unconscious.

The other 6 formed a circle around me. I waited for one of them to make a move. Nothing. . . So I punched a goon in the face, startling the other 5. The goon didn't even hit the ground, before he was knocked out.

Another goon charged me and I did a backwards walk-over, kicking him in the jaw. He dropped, and another goon ran at me and I side-kicked him in the shoulder. He fell to the ground, but got back up and I punched him in the nose. That got him.

The last couple of guys charged at me, coming from all directions. I jumped in the air and they all collided, knocking 'em all out.

Lily emerged from behind the control panel. "That. Was. Awesome," she said in awe. I smirked. She shook her head as if she came to a realization. "Hurry! Get them out of there and lets go!"

I nodded and grabbed Batman and Robin's belt and rushed towards the control panel. The cages dropped with a huge CLANG!

Batman and Robin woke up. We opened their cages and they climbed out. I handed them their utility belts. "Thanks," they said in a unison. "Now, lets get you out of here!" Batman exclaimed, pointing at me. "Wait. . . Aren't you coming too?" I asked. He shook his head. "Joker is after you, so we need to keep you away from him." he explained. "But, I can handle myself! I took out all these goons!" I said, gesturing to all the unconscious goons littering the floor. "Those guys are idiots. . ." he said, folding his arms. I rolled my eyes. "Dang, B-man! Where did you learn all this sass? Catwoman?" I asked, wiggling my eyebrows. It was his turn to roll his eyes.

"Sorry, kiddo," Robin said, smirking.

"You're going with her. . ." Batman said.

"WHAT? WHY?" Robin screeched.

"Just go. Besides, we need someone to keep an eye on her. Sorry, kiddo," Batman retorted, making air quotes. "I set the Batmobile to come pick you guys up at the back of the Steel Mill." We nodded.

"Wait!" I called, and Batman turned to me.

"Can Lily come with us?" I asked, and gestured to the green-haired girl. "Please? She helped me escape! If Joker finds out he'll. . ." I made a slicing motion at my throat. Batman sighed. "Okay, she can go. Just explain everything in the car. . ." Lily's eyes widened. "Th-thank you!" she exclaimed.

"Wait. . . What happened to Scarlet?" I asked, my eyes widening at the realization. Lily looked at me. "Was she a redhead?" I nodded. "She's fine! She escaped the cell before I came and got you!" I sighed with relief. "Go!" Batman said. We all nodded, and Lily lead us out of the Steel Mill. We hopped in the Batmobile and on the way to the cave, I explained everything. . .

"BRUCE WAYNE??" Lily gasped.

I nodded.

Good luck, Batman. . .