Chapter 17: This Is Where It Ends

Blood splattered across the walls, floor, and me. . . I stared at the ground.

Tears stroked down my cheeks, decorating the floor with polka-dots and splatters. I stared at the lifeless body at the ground. Bright-green eyes stared up at me. I dropped to my knees. "L-Lily?" I asked, choking through sobs. She smiled at me. "D-Dont cry," she said. She wiped away my tears with her delicate hands.

"Y-You're okay. . . You're okay. . ." I told her, holding her head in my lap. I grabbed her hand, and held it tight. Afraid that she might disappear if I let go.

The bullet hit her in the chest. It didn't hit her heart, but I know there's nothing we can do in time to save her. . .

"H-Hailey?" she asked, her voice hoarse. "Y-yes?" I answered, choking through sobs. "You're father isn't. . . Joker. . ." she said, pausing to take a deep breath. "You're f-father is. . ." She coughed a couple of times. I shook my head. "Just stop! Don't waste your strength. . ." I commanded. She nodded and smiled at me. "I kept my promise. . ." she said, still smiling. Then closed her eyes.

"L-Lily?" I called. "Lily! Don't leave me!" No answer. I sat there sobbing for a couple of minutes in front of Lily's body.

Lily knew who my father was. . . And apparently she kept a promise. . . I stared at her tear stained face. At least she died smiling. . . I stood back up and faced Joker. "Well," he started. "That was unexpected!" He clapped his hands together. I had my head down; my bangs casting a shadow over my face.

"H-How could you?" I asked, choking through sobs. "On my defense, I was aiming for you," Joker said, matter-of-factly. "You just watched your own daughter die. . . And all you can say is that it was unexpected?" My fists were clenched, and my knuckles turned white.

"She did betray me. . . So," Joker stated, folding his arms across his chest. "I'll stop you. . . I'll stop your plans, and I make sure you go back to Arkham Asylum; where you belong!" I shouted.

"Been there! Done that!" he said, rolling his eyes. "Damn you to hell!" I shouted, as I hopped over his desk, and connected my fist with his jaw. He stumbled backwards, and fell back into the wall. He let out a low growl and stood back up.

"Normally, I would go easy on you, kiddo!" Joker said. "But you spoiled my fun, and for that, I'll paint Gotham with your blood!"

I didn't flinch. I kept my feet firmly placed on the ground, ready for anything. "This is where it ends. . ." I said, through gritted teeth. Joker began to laugh.

"Then let the show begin. . ." he said, smiling at me. And with that, he put another gun to his chin, and pulled the trigger.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So sorry for this semi-sad chapter! Lily was one of my fav characters so it hurt me to do this! Anyways, what's going to happen to Joker? Did he just commit suicide? Who is Hailey's father? How did Lily find out? Where's Batman?

All questions may or may not be answered in the next chapter!

Chapter 18: The Final Battle Part 1