Chapter 16: Dad?

We walked slowly towards the manager's office. After walking for a while, we heard voices.

"Uh. . . Boss?" a frightened voice called. "What?! What is it?!" a sinister voice, belonging to the Joker, answered. "The boy. . . He escaped. . ." the frightened voice replied.

There was a small moment of silence. Tyler and I glanced at each other. Then. . .

BANG!

A small thud, could be heard after that. I let out a small gasp, and clasped my hands over my mouth. Tyler wrapped me into a hug, and I buried my face into his shoulder. He rubbed my back, calming me down.

"Stupid goons. . . Not being able to do there job. . ." Joker muttered, on the other side of the doors.

Tyler pulled away and grabbed my arm. "Lets get out of h-" he was cut off. The office doors swung open, and there stood Joker. "Please come into my office! Mr. J will be with you, in a moment. . ."

                                •••

Joker sat across from Tyler and I. He leaned back in his chair, and propped his feet up on the desk.

"So, kiddos? How's school? What are your grades like? How many friends do you have? What's the new gossip?" he asked, tapping his fingers on the desk. "Why should I answer to you?" I snapped.

"Aww. . ." Joker said. "I'm just trying to bond with my daughter. . ." My eyes widened.  Tyler reached out and grabbed my hand, to comfort me. I pulled away and stood up, backing away from the desk, and towards the doors. "No!" I shouted, shaking my head.

"Yes! My dear, you are my dau-" I cut him off. "I'll never be your daughter! You don't even deserve happiness! After all you've done? I'll never forget what you did to my mother, and all those innocent people!" I shouted.

"Okay. . . Now you're getting annoying!" Joker said, pulling out a gun, and pulling the trigger.

BANG!

When the gun fired, all I saw was a flash of green and red. . .