Chapter 14: To The Rescue Part 1

I bit my lip as we entered through the back door of the steel mill. The air was warm, radiating from the furnace burning alive with coal.

"Okay," Robin said, stopping suddenly. "We'll split up here. . ." We all nodded in agreement. Barbara gave us ear pieces so we could keep in contact with each other. Robin went towards the door that was to the right, while Lily went to the left. As for me, I went to the boiler room.

I slowly walked down the halls, growing more and more afraid as I increasingly got closer to the boiler room. That's when I heard voices.

"I told you, I don't know!"

My eyes widened. I recognized that voice. . . I recognized his voice. Why did they go after him? I found a vent and ripped off the grate. I slid inside, as I got closer, the voices got louder.

"I'm telling you! I don't know where she is!" he yelled.

There was a laugh, a sinister one. One that has vacated the sound in my eardrums. The laugh that I knew all too well. The laugh that I was hoping to never hear again. . .

"Oh, please! Why don't you tell us where your little girlfriend is, and we might go easy on you!" a sinister voice called, followed by another laugh.

"I don't know! Even if I did know where she was, I would never tell!" he yelled. I shook my head and shuffled through the vents. As I reached my destination, I peered out of the vent. A small squeak escaped my mouth, but I quickly covered my mouth.

In the middle of the room, strapped down to a chair, was a boy. A boy with brown hair, light blue eyes, and black hipster glasses. . . Tyler.