Chapter 7: Scarlet

I was running along a rooftop after some criminals. Who are the criminals, you ask? Some of Penguin's goons. . . They stole tons of money from Gotham Bank.

I was slowly catching up to them. They reached the end of the rooftop. They looked back at me. Then they jumped. They barely caught the other end, so now they're dangling 50 feet above Gotham highway.

I hopped the roof easily. "Please! Help us!" they pleaded. I smirked, "First, the money!" They gladly handed it over and I helped them up. I tied them so they couldn't do anything funny

Suddenly, the rooftop collapsed and we all fell into a room. The only light was the moon above.

I heard an ear-deafening roar. I turned and saw something coming closer to me. It was huge. . .

As it entered the moonlight, I realized it wasn't human, but it sort of was. It was tall. It's rib cage stuck out of its skin. It's spine poked out, similar to a stegosaurus. It's eyes glowed neon green.

I stared at it, in shock. I noticed that the goons were knocked out, I guess from the fall.

The beast let out another mighty roar and charge at me. I did a front-hand-spring to get out of the way.

The beast ran flat into the wall. I quickly climbed out of the room and started to hop rooftops, with the thing on my tail.

I kept running. Where was Batman and Robin when you need 'em? Oh, yeah. They went to catch Penguin while I handled the goons. . .

Robin's POV

We were standing in front of Penguin. We took out all his goons and now they laid on the floor, unconscious.

Penguin laughed. "It's over, Cobblepot!" Batman exclaimed. Penguin laughed some more, "Over? It has only begun! What was your new sidekick's name? Oh, yeah! Hailey!" he said.

"What did you do to her?" I growled. Penguin snapped his fingers and a curtain dropped revealing a giant superhuman. Similar to Bane. . . Batman and I looked at each other and dashed off to find Hailey.

Hang on Hailey, we're on the way!

Hailey's POV

I'm a goner. . . I was now at the edge of a cliff handing over the water and some jagged rocks.

Suddenly, Batman and Robin appeared, but it was too late. In one swipe of the thing's arm, I was sent flying over the cliff and down to the rocks.

I squeezed my eyes shut. Preparing for impact. I felt something wrap around my ankle. The rushing air stopped. I opened my eyes and saw a vine wrapped around my ankles.

A vine? It pulled me to the top of the cliff. It laid me down on the grass. I saw that whatever hurled me off the cliff was now unconscious. "What just happened?" I asked. Batman and Robin sighed in relief.

A girl, probably same age as me, was lifted up by a vine and placed her feet on the edge of the cliff. "You're welcome," she said to me. "Th-thanks. . ." I said still shocked.

She had scarlet-red hair, a green T-shirt, green eyes, and white shorts.

"My name is Scarlet," she said. "Scarlet Ivy."