To smile or not to smile

I actually hate how all over facebook on these 'quote pages', and in teenage photos/blogs all you see are photos saying 'those who smile the most are the saddest', 'those who laugh the most are the saddest'- because you know what? It's true. Okay. Why do these photos have to be right? You may be reading this book about to exit it thinking 'what the flying money (okay maybe minus the flying monkey) why an earth is this girl saying this? These photos are probably referring to the majority of people- if you are a happy person who likes to smile/laugh- then I salute you. 

Anyway, even though so many of these photos are scattered around social networking sites, still youths choose to ignore them. For instance, someone said to me ' I feel sorry for you because you smile so much', I felt like telling her to shove her opinion where the sun doesn't shine! But no, I can't do that... no don't want my prefect badge taken away. Different people have different ways of coping. If I did not smile I'd probably be in some psychiatric word right now scoffing anti-depressants... so no thank-you! 

But then again it is so hard to reach out for help. I wouldn't mind talking to a counsellor really but no 'only crazy people talk to counsellors'. You'll get through it don't worry, yeah I've had headaches for nearly a month now! Yes- I went to the doctors not so long ago. Before this turns into a diary... time to move on to my next topic. 

Boys.  Yes that is right boys. Okay, so what I cannot comprehend is how boys slate girls and be like 'why do you assume all boys are skiddlewips (thought I would uniquely sensor a cuss word) we are not all skiddlewips'. Well I do find it quite amusing how nearly all boys say this and nearly all of them are skiddlewips (notice how i said 'nearly'.. yes somewhere out there nice boys do exist).  Anyway, this post could be about girls too, but I'd feel quite 'weird' ranting about girls who do that o.O... no just me.. okay. 

This book is basically about life's irritations so do not expect me to talk positively about anything; yet there are many things to be positive about.. remember that.

Anyway I am bemused at how people say ' I hate fake girls/boys' well what can you define as fake? Please care to explain? Fake can have so many interpretations do you mean girls (or even boys) who wear make-up? Sometimes people may feel better if they cover up what they class as imperfections. Yet there is the other meaning of 'fake', the sort of people who talk behind your back. 

In fact this reminds me of something else -time to get sidetracked- (is it possible to procrastinate whilst typing o.O... yes it is my dear child), anyway as I was typing.. I hate it how two people who are both 'friends' say things about the other person behind their back- but whoever finds out first is the victim? Like really? Are you serious dude? Shouldn't people just be like well.. okay I guess I am quite upset about what you said, but I also said this about you.. In fact I actually did do something like that, this girl called me a weirdo I found out- I said don't worry I called you a fricklewickle (another censored term hehe). The moral of the story, me and the girl both did not fall out, no-one was portrayed as the victim or villain. 

Back to my previous point, as you established there are many ways of being fake. If someone was not confident, would it really be such a bad thing if they pretended to be confident? Or is that fake?  How far can you go when you say 'I hate fake people’? I am fake. I admit it. I am a fake person.

Whenever, I'm upset I draw abstracts or I go to wattpad;); one of the bad things about these coping mechanisms are that I hardly ever tell my friends if something is wrong. Every single day I go to school with a smile, every-day I laugh along to and fro from lessons and last but not least every-day I return home with a smile. But, no-one would understand, there was a time when I didn't use to be 'smiley girl', that was almost four years ago. I used to return home in tears, someone could do anything and I'd cry. It is bad to bottle up emotions- I'm not going to lie- in fact I don't even know how I feel anymore. So yes, if people hate fake people, do they hate me? How could you hate someone so cute hehehe... okay... maybe not ^.^. 

But why are there 'fake people'? Societal attitudes are the reason why. If society and if our peers were open-minded then no-one would feel the need to be a little 'fake' sometimes. 

My name is Maya.  Oh dear I'm giving away personal information, someone give that girl a microwave! Anyway, I do not mind if someone pronounces my name wrong, but when I tell them it is Maya (rhymes with liar and fire.. wait what? fire... oOo fiesty?), they still make the same mistake. Teachers always say May-er I'm thinking dude seriously? You must be clever to be able to teach, why not just lower your ego and try to remember my name? However, when you keep correcting a teacher they end up learning your name, I learnt that the hard way with my Drama teacher. Every-time the class had to read a play-script, she'd say oh Maya you wouldn't mind being Derpina would you? Well, I can't say no can I? 

  I hate it how in the dinner queue, these stuck-up teachers form a barricade with their arms. Don't worry I'm not going to steal a 60p sandwich now am I? Surely a bunch of teenagers cannot be that hard to handle- okay maybe I should take that back. By the time you've got to the front of the queue, you have five minutes till the school bell goes, so the only way you can make it out on time- is to eat not so elegantly. Don't you think the youngest year/grade and the oldest year/grade should have the chance to eat first? Since, the youngest pupils are only 'tiny things'... well some of them are taller than me. And the oldest pupils need that extra energy for school work! Simple logic. 

Moreover, don't you hate that teacher, who always gives the worst-behaved person so many extra chances. Then when you do something, they make a big deal out of it, like excuse me- favouritism. Some teachers are very melodramatic. I was chewing gum and this one teacher caught me, and threateneded to bring my parent(s) in. Well, I am very apologetic, I did not know my chewing gum was going to turn into a murder weapon.. sorry Miss. 

Stay tuned for chapter two if you wish, to be quite frank, I am writing this book because I am bored out of my brains. I do not even know if you read this without yawning... comment maybe? :P