Epilogue

A soft breeze rustled through the trees, creating a momentary peace that I eagerly soaked up and the sun casted a golden glow across the field, engulfing us in a comforting warmth.

I looked up at Lawrence, who was sitting beside me, only to find him gazing lovingly back at me.

I leaned up and kissed him, relishing the giddy feeling that I still get every time his lips brush mine.

I pulled away and smiled up at him before resting my head on his shoulder.

Suddenly Lawrence lurched forward, a small pair of arms thrown across his neck. A small blonde headed boy attempted to climb over his shoulder, giggling all the while.

"Archer! Be careful!" I said through a laugh.

"But Annie's chasing me!" he protested.

I turned my head to see the little girl coming towards us with her hands outstretched and a wide grin on her face. She giggled as she stumbled towards Lawrence.

Seeing as he already had his hands full, I reached out and pulled her into my lap. She squealed as she looked up at me.

"Archy!" she giggled as she tried to crawl out of my lap.

"Annabelle," I pouted and she swung her head around to look at me. Two brown pigtails hung below her ears and adorable green eyes looked up at me expectantly, "What about Mommy? Don't you love me?"

Her face erupted in a grin, proudly displaying the tooth she just lost.

She grabbed part of my hair and waved it around. She then pushed her fingers into my face, "Mommy!"

I chuckled softly at her.

"Daddy," Archer's asked curiously, "Why are there lines on your neck?"

He smiled and caught my eyes before pulling the boy off his back, "I made your mother angry."

He winked as I gaped at him. Narrowing my eyes, I reached out and sent a little jolt of electricity into his thigh.

Archer giggled, stood up, and bent down to pick a flower. He waved the daisy around excitedly.

Suddenly he sneezed, disappearing and reappearing a few feet away.

"Whoa, careful there, buddy," Lawrence chuckled, "Don't want to end up in China."

He smiled and walked back over to us. He sat down with his legs crossed and handed me the flower.

"How pretty," I smiled as I tucked it behind Annie's ear, "Can you say thank you, sweetie?"

"Archy, Archy!" she exclaimed reaching towards him. She squirmed out of my arms and ran to him, collapsing to the ground in front of him. She ripped the flower out of her hair and waved it around again.

I sighed as I leaned on Lawrence's shoulder again.

"Are we going to your parents' for dinner?" He asked softly, his head resting on top of mine.

"Yeah," I whispered conspiratorially, "I vote we leave the kids there tonight. I love them to death, but I need a little break."

"I second that decision," he whispered back.

"Hey, that's mine!" Archer cried. I groaned and closed my eyes. And just like that, the peace was gone.

^

^

^

^

Hey peeps. Here's a little insight into Johanna and Lawrence's life. They have two kids and are married now! Cute, right? Anyway, this is the end of the book, but there will be some bonus chapters just because I love you guys. Let me know your thoughts! Thanks for reading!