The Great Escape

I wiggled around in a vain attempt to snap the zip ties that clamped my wrists together. It was to no avail. The poison was still messing with my system and I felt incredibly weak and exhausted because of it.

I couldn't even call for help because Blood had crushed my earpiece.

I looked up at Swift, hoping he would do something, but he just stared blankly at the wall. I couldn't blame him, really. I mean, I just found out Daniel was my father and was still a little shocked. Of course, I didn't have to deal with the fact that my father was a psychotic super villain.

I let out a sigh and looked back towards Gold. He seemed bored.

"It's a shame your father made you sit out the big fight, Alec," I taunted him.

"Shut up," he responded lazily, not bothering to look at me.

I sighed and looked back up to the ceiling.

How was I going to get out of here? I tried pulling my hands apart again, but was met with little success. I needed to contact the others.

Then it hit me.

Emily! Emily! Help a sister out here!

I really hoped she could hear me from here. I almost breathed out a sigh of relief when I heard her voice bounce around inside my head.

Help's coming.

A bit vague, but I'll take it.

Just to annoy Gold, and to appease my boredom, I started to hum. He shot me some annoyed glances but said nothing. This only made me hum louder.

He let out a frustrated sigh as he rubbed his temples, "Can you stop?"

I stopped humming momentarily before continuing with a whistle.

He growled and moved to stand over me. Stooping down, he clenched the fabric of my suit in his fist and hauled me to my feet.

"I told you to shut up," he growled, just inches from my face.

I smirked in defiance, "No you told me to stop. So I stopped humming."

He slammed me against the wall and let me crumple into a heap on the ground.

I cracked my neck and rolled my shoulder a little before looking back up at him, "I'm curious. What was that supposed to accomplish?"

He growled again and lifted me back up before sending a punch into my stomach.

The air rushed out of me, and he lifted me to the point where my feet dangled above the ground.

Someone cleared their throat behind Gold. He turned us around only to find Blood staring curiously at us.

"I thought I told you not to hurt the hostages."

Gold dropped me and my head hit the door with a thunk.

"That's better," Blood smiled. He then turned to look about the room, hands clasped behind his back.

It was then that I felt the cold metal hit my hand. I looked down to see that a knife had been slid underneath the door.

With a sudden revelation, I realized it wasn't actually Blood Lust in front of me. It was Carson.

I fumbled for the knife quickly and was able to conceal it behind my back before Gold turned around.

"Blue seems to be having some delays. He hasn't showed himself yet," the illusion played with something in his hands.

I internally sighed in relief as I was able to snap the zips apart. This, however, presented a new problem. How was I going to get to Swift?

Leave him. He's in no shape to help right now.

I furrowed my brow. I couldn't leave Swift here with this psychopath! And what about my mother?

Emily groaned inside my head.

Can't you just zap them out?

I can certainly try.

Making sure the Golden Bullet couldn't see what I was doing, I brought my hands around and snapped the chord around my ankles. At the sound, Gold whipped around and shouted at me. He lunged, but I'd gotten into the nearest circuit first. I popped back out behind my mother, but as I reached out to grab her, another hand grabbed her too. I couldn't take her without taking the Golden Bullet too.

I growled in frustration and sent a rain of sparks at his face.  He cried out in pain but didn't let go of my mother.

"Go sweetheart," somehow, my mother had gotten her gag off, "They need you more than I do right now."

"What? No!"

"Go, Johanna!" She commanded in a stern voice.

I looked up to see a fist speeding towards my face. I ducked last minute and grabbed his arm, sending surges of electricity through his bones. He barely budged.

He grabbed a pipe off the ground before swinging it at my head. Again I ducked.

He lunged and I narrowly missed him as he crashed into the window.

It shattered and he fell out, only to fly back in through the opening. He rushed at me before I could react, and before I knew it, I was dangling out a thirty story drop. The only thing holding my up was the Golden Bullet's grip on my wrist.

I tried to conceal my panic attack, but the fear only got worse when I looked down to the streets below. My other hand flew up to clutch the Golden Bullet's sleeve, but even if he did let me go now, I doubted I could hold myself up for long.

I took a chance and looked at Gold's face. He only smirked and loosened his grip slightly. I yelped as I lost the grip on his sleeve. I was swaying now, and that did not bode well for me.

"I've been waiting to do this for a long time now," he grinned even wider as his grip loosened again. Now, instead of his hand clasped over my wrist, it painfully squeezed my knuckles together.

Suddenly, he cried out in pain, clutching the side of his head. In all of the confusion, he dropped me. Somehow, my fingers found the ledge, shaking as they tried to keep me from falling. My feet were pressed against the glass of the window below me but I couldn't seem to get enough traction to haul myself up.

I had never wished more than in this moment for the power of flight, and it was here that I came to terms with death himself. And all that was going through my head was that I at least got to see my mother again.

One of my hands slipped. I tried to readjust it, but my bare skin came down on bits of broken glass, puncturing the soft skin of my fingers. I bit back a cry and held on as long as I could, praying that I'd some how make it out of this.

Fresh blood made my hands slippery, and again they slipped. My other hand held on for dear life, but even it was losing its strength. I closed my eyes and relished the feeling of the soft breeze against my face before finally letting go.

My fingers released and my body plummeted to its death.

Down I fell.

^

^

^

^

Hey guys! Cliff hanger eh? Anyway, let me know what you think, and don't forget to vote and comment. Thanks for reading!