A Plan

I swiveled my head back to glance at Swift. He had been unconscious for a few hours, but was now starting to stir. Light groans escaped his lips as he faded back into his painful reality.

What I saw before me struck a chord somewhere deep in the black abyss that could only be my heart.

Victor was the brother I never had, and here he lay helpless at my feet. His blonde hair was plastered to his sweat drenched forehead, and deep half circles stuck out like bruises beneath his eyes.

If I knew one thing, it was this. The Golden Bullet was going to pay.

The extensive and numerous plans for revenge running rampant through my mind were cut short as Victor started to speak.

"I went on a date with that girl the other day," his voice was tired but content with the current conversation.

"Oh?" I said leaning forward to look at him, "And how'd it go?"

"It was nice. She's nice," he said rather groggily, "She's in one of my classes."

"How fun," I smiled at him.

He gave me a small smile back.

"How are you holding up?" I asked gesturing to his bandaged torso.

He glanced down and shrugged, "Still hurts like hell, but I think I'll pull through."

"Ah, really?" I asked in mock disappointment as I tossed him a bottle of painkillers, "I was kinda hoping you wouldn't."

He chuckled softly as he popped a few pills into his mouth, swallowing them dry.

He groaned slightly as he shifted into a more comfortable position.

"Where'd everyone go again?" Victor asked as he craned his head to see me.

"Lawrence and Emily are both at school and Blue is out searching," I listed off.

He furrowed his brow, "Why aren't you in school?"

"Well, somebody needed to babysit you," I said in annoyance, "I was just the unlucky soul that was burdened with the task."

He grunted in response.

"Besides," I continued, "Daniel called me in sick. He made up some excuse about him being my uncle or something," I waved it off as I stood up, "Need anything?"

"I need an uninjured body," he grumbled under his breath.

"Can't help you there, buddy," I chirped, "Not unless you want to go through excruciating pain and fall unconscious for a few days."

He muttered something else that I couldn't quite hear. Dismissing it, I sauntered off to the kitchen.

I returned a few moments later with a soda and a bag of chips. With a quick glance at the clock, I determined that the others should be arriving soon.

As per my conclusion, it wasn't long before the doors swung open. Daniel stepped in and glanced around, realizing right away that he was the first one back. He sighed, shut the door, and slumped into the armchair on the other side of the couch.

"When are we going to do this?" I asked impatiently, "Every minute we wait is a minute longer my mother has to be with that psychopath."

Blue ran his fingers under his mask, still cautious towards the idea of Victor knowing his secret identity. He sighed, "We'll get into details when the others get back, but as of right now, I think we're going to strike in a couple days."

I nodded, that information enough to satisfy me for now.

A few minutes later, Lawrence walked through the door. Emily would be the last home being as she had to take the bus from her private school on the other side of town.

We all sat in the living room as we waited for her arrival.

When she did show up, we all sat in the living room staring at each other. Finally, Blue broke the silence.

"We need to strike soon," he began. Everyone turned to him expectantly, "I think I know where Blood is keeping her, and I have an idea of his reinforcements."

"Well, obviously Gold is on his side, but who else?" Lawrence asked.

Blue scratched his chin, "I think Blood is getting kind of desperate," he choked back a chuckle, "I'm pretty sure he just recruited Purple Rain."

Now it was the others' turn to stifle back laughter, "That's not bad. Who else?" Lawrence asked again.

"He used to have an extensive network of human criminals and homeless who would do his bidding. I think he's gotten ahold of them again."

We all nodded again.

"Okay. What's the plan?" I asked uncertainly.

His hazel eyes locked with my own, "I think you should make a scene. The rest of us can jump out and try to capture this Golden Bullet guy. He probably has some more information we can use, and even if he doesn't, I can still get something by reading him," he emphasized by tapping his temple.

"I don't think we should show our hand," Swift said through gritted teeth.

Blue nodded his head and scratched his chin again, "Okay, I'll go dressed as a civilian so I can read him. Johanna can just zap out before any real damage is done."

We all nodded our heads in agreement.

I rubbed my palms together in anticipation, "Let the games begin."

^

^

^

^

Hey guys. Sorry, it's been a while. Also apologizing for the shorter than normal chapter. Hope you enjoyed it anyway. Next chapter should have some action, so keep your eyes peeled for the next update! Don't forget to vote and comment! Toodles.