PROLOGUE

Hey there lovies.

So here is my book 'The Goddess'.

I wrote a book previously with the thought of getting somewhere with it but the cringe was real so I decided to make another book that I thought out more carefully.

So let's just get right into it.

(2019 edit A/N - this book is also super cliche and has a lot of plot holes so I'm editing now to fix that up, so please enjoy further)
______________

"Artemis come on we need to go!" A melodic voice echoed into my dark room early this horrid morning. A Monday morning.

Does someone really want to wake up my sleeping person?

Is that really a safe choice for your life?

Do they have a death wish?

I roll on my side to check the time in my alarm clock. 6:45. I have half an hour to get ready. Why wake me up now? Its not like im gonna take that long to get ready .

I heard the knocking on my door again. The door opened slowly and my Foster mother, Miranda, pop out from behind.

"Hey honey get ready for school. I need you to take the rest to school, Zalia's car is in for repairs." Miranda said and I gave her a smile and nodded.

She took me in last year and I've never felt more at home. It's a lot better here than at any other foster home.

I've never truly been the most optimistic person when it comes to the view points of life, but luckily I've been taken under the wing of Miranda.

I was also brought into another family I'm very dearly thankful for. 2 years ago I was brought into a gang. The leader, Brayden took me in when he saw how harsh my previous Foster family was. Protected me like I was his little sister and made me feel important.

He taught me a lot and for that I'm thankful for him helping me become the strong girl I am today.

I got out of bed and got ready for the day. Putting in my clothes and walking downstairs. I was suddenly bumped into and had water spilled all over me.

Luckily it was water or else someone was getting my hands today.

"What the hell Corie!" I yelled with clenched teeth at one of my foster brothers

"It was Dani." Corie said in panic pointing at his only biological sibling in this house.

There were 6 of us.

Corie, Daniella, Zalia, Julius, Mckenna and I.

"Na-uh, I didn't do anything, Julias pushed me because he got mad at Zalia for taking the remote from him!" Dani said crossing her arms and pouting her lips. She looked so adorable when she was mad.

Daniella is a 14 year with the striking overly peppy personality of a cheerleader on crack who had to deal with having being born at the same time as Corie, even though they are twins they are easily the definition of opposites.

Corie is rebellious and rather be to himself than be popular like Dani. He causes most of the trouble in the house even though we are all the faces of trouble. Although him playing electric guitar randomly in the middle of the night sure gets on the whole neighborhoods nerves.

Julias is the jock of the house. Mr. Popular and a first class asshole. He is Miranda's biological son. He turned 17 recently but can't even act mature enough to accept me, the newest arrival to the family as family. He finds everything bad in his life as a result of something I did, when I've absolutely nothing wrong to him.

And then there is Zalia. She claims to be the black sheep of the family seeing as she is Korean. She is my age and not only acts like my sister but my friend, so much so that she is the only one outside of my gang to know I'm part of a gang.

McKenna is the youngest. She is 1 years old. She is the only person in this house that I am biologically related to.

"Okay stop fighting and get in my car." I said and then turned to Zalia with my car keys outstretched, "You want to drive?"

"No, knock yourself out ." She said and I smiled, nodding.

I heard my phone ring so I scratched in my bag for it.

"Hey Brayden." I answered once I found it.

"Hey Goddess." He replied back to me.

Brayden Williams as I mentioned before was like my older brother and the leader of my gang.

"I got an job, could you and the boys come through to the den after school so we can talk about it." he said.

"Sure thing Bray." I said.

I hung up the call and got in the car. Zalia turned to me and mouth 'gang business' while tilting her head in question. I nodded.

I dropped the twins off at school first. Once I arrived at school, I parked in at our school parking lot and we got out.

Zalia joined her friends , she lovingly waves bye to me and as usual Julias acts like he doesn't know me and joins his friends, but unlike him his friends couldn't keep their hormonal eyes off me.

I won't deny that I'm pretty but I'm not cat for you to call at.

______________

Okay so here is my first chapter.

Thanks for reading. Will update as much as possible.

Remember to go and read my other books.

Instagram: Kindrajoy_