TWENTY-FOUR

The worst feeling for Scott was knowing there was more that could've been done for his sister

The worst feeling for Scott was knowing there was more that could've been done for his sister. Knowing that there was more he should've done for his own family.

In a matter of years, Scott learned to fight for what he knew was right. Fighting for his life and more importantly the life of others. However, in those couple of years he was too caught up in trying to be a hero that he forgot to be a brother.

As he stared into the mirror of his bathroom, physically and mentally wounded, he pondered on about how his life came to this. Worrying for his wellbeing, almost being killed by his own friend, and always having to look over his shoulder.

He wondered to himself how he let it get this far?

It was his fault for allowing Theo to manipulate him into thinking he was on their side. It was his fault for giving Theo the power to destroy his relationship with his best friend. It was his fault for everything that's happened and not doing anything to stop it from doing so. Now, because of him, his sister was dead.

Angrily, he slammed his hands on the edges of the sink after tossing the bloody cloth on the bathroom floor. He was frustrated and it was clearly evident in the reflection that stared back at him. His grip tightened as low growls emitted from his mouth — it was all his fault. He lost and he had no clue how he was going to rise from the hard fall.

He was overwhelmed with everything happening, he lost control of the things he had no control over. Maybe now that Ronnie McCall was gone, he could finally open his eyes. Open his eyes and realize that everything he's worked for, everything he's tried so hard to prevent from happening, happened. He had so much losses in his life since he was bitten he had lost count and he was just tired of it. This time he had lost everything. He lost everyone. He didn't know if they were even coming back to him after what he caused.

He let out a frustrated yell, slamming the palm of his hands down on the white surface. He just wanted to let go. Let go of everything that was put on his shoulders as a true alpha. All the stress, all the deaths, everything. But that was too much to ask for in his world. He would be lucky if he even made it to the next day.