THIRTEEN

Ronnie McCall looked down at the sketchpad that took its position on her lap as she sat cross legged in the chair that belonged to the high school's library

Ronnie McCall looked down at the sketchpad that took its position on her lap as she sat cross legged in the chair that belonged to the high school's library. She was examining the sketch for the first few minutes she arrived there and it wasn't long before those couple minutes turned into hours. It wasn't apart of her plan, of course.

Originally, she wanted to go to the library and attempt to read the book she dreaded - no pun intended - but she ended up taking out her trusty sketchpad and draw anything that came to mind. That was until she stopped on that page and found herself analyzing it for hours - though it seemed like mere minutes in her perspective.

Scanning her brain for the many possibilities, she stared at the drawing as if it were to magically help her solve the whole fiasco she gad going on. She hasn't told anyone else besides Theo so that only meant she couldn't go to them for any kind of help. She wanted to badly to tell her brother about the encounter - if it was one to begin with - but he already had enough problems with the chimeras, the bodies going missing not long after they're dead, and then the dread doctors.

"Hey."

Ronnie jumped up a bit when she heard a familiar voice in front if her and she automatically knew who it was but that didn't stop her from confronting the intruder, "Shit, Malia, never creep up on me like that ever again!"

"Why are you staring at your sketch pad like that?" the were coyote inquired before she took a seat in the vacant one in front of her best friend with a yellow highlighter in one hand and a copy of the dread doctors in the other, sending her a weird look at the same time.

The red haired girl was contemplating whether or not she should show her but it didn't take long to figure it out. Malia was the person who confided in her enough to believe she would be the only person to believe her so Ronnie was going to do the same. Slowly, Ronnie lifted up the sketch pad and turning it to face the were coyote as she handed it to her.

Malia glanced at her friend before accepting the pad in her hand and looking down at it. She took a sharp intake when she realized what she had drawn onto the paper of the sketchpad,"The dread doctors."

She nodded her head at her friend.

"Is that why you asked me to write down everything I remembered about them?" She questioned looking up at the girl. With one last glance at the very detailed drawing, she handing the pad to its' rightful owner but she couldn't help but think that it looked a little too detailed.

"Yeah," she nodded her head again before retrieving the sketch pad but placing it on the table in front of her instead, "I thought I could be useful for once and help you by doing this. It's useless now considering the others had an encounter with them already."

"Thank you," if Ronnie hadn't been listening intently, she wouldn't have heard the words come out of her mouth but when they did Ronnie's eyes widened. She wasn't used to the former coyote thanking anyone let alone herself. But it could help if she knew what she was thanking her for. Ronnie didn't have to say anything before Malia was answering her silent response, "For believing me about the dread doctors and Tracy."