FIFTEEN

"While introducing the African Cane toad, sounded like a good way to deal with Australia's infestation of the Grey backed Beetle," Mrs

"While introducing the African Cane toad, sounded like a good way to deal with Australia's infestation of the Grey backed Beetle," Mrs.Finch moved away from the blackboard and rotated towards the class, her heels clinking on the hard floor with every step she took. Ronnie blocked out the rest of the informative speech the teacher had going on as she sighed, searching around the room for a potential chimera.

When their little book club was over, Theo told Ronnie that he would tell Scott about their discovery on Kira. And after much thought, she agreed. It wasn't like she wanted to tell Scott anyways. She would hate to see the look on his face, it would kill her. Then again, she'd seen it too many times she lost count already.

Her eyes stopped on Sydney when she saw noticed she was itching at her head irrationally. Nudging Theo, who was on her left side, she cocked her head towards the girl in the front, mouthing the words chimera to him. Luckily, he understood, his eyes traveling to the girl before looking back at Ronnie and nodding his head. She took out her phone, opening the contact she was looking for, not forgetting to put Theo in the group chat.

To - Lyds

In front of you. Chimera?

She picked up her head to look at Lydia, who was most likely reading the text on her phone. Lydia looked back at the two who were giving her the same look in return. Ronnie watched, from the corner of her eye, Theo open the chat and typing in something she couldn't manage to make out.

To - Lydia

Look at her hair.

Ronnie mentally read the text Theo had sent from her phone, the two looking back at Lydia who was not looking back but giving her undivided attention towards the girl in front of her. Ronnie's eyes widened when she saw the girl, Sydney, lower her hands to her front, opening it to reveal a clump of her hair in her palm.

"Holy shit," she muttered under her breath, turning to look at Theo who had the same eye widened expression.

Sydney hastily got up from her seat, keeping a paper close to her as she walked up to the front desk and handing said paper to Mrs. Finch, "Wise decision, Sydney."

She rushed out the door in a hurry, then Ronnie looked over at the commotion Lydia had also been causing when she got up fro her seat in the same hurried manner but not before being stopped by the teacher.

"Lydia," she stopped in her tracks and looked at Mrs. Finch as she raised a finger in discipline. "You know it's for the best."

Still, Lydia walked out of the class, clutching to her purse and phone in her hands whilst Ronnie was contemplating whether or not to follow. Ronnie wanted to help out the girl who always helped her so, of course, she followed. She collected her things, shoving them into her bag forcefully, then pushing the chair back as she stood up. She made her way towards the door.