SIXTEEN

The girl McCall readjusted her bag on her shoulder, pulling it up higher as she made her way to the school's workout room

The girl McCall readjusted her bag on her shoulder, pulling it up higher as she made her way to the school's workout room. To her, it would be a great way to let out some stress after her brother having a severe asthma attack and the body count rising up. Before, she came to workout as a stress reliever on a weekly basis but now during all the commotion, she hasn't had time. So what better time to do it than now?

After her brother reassured her that he was feeling better, she hesitantly left and made him promise he'll call if anything happens. Then proceeded to travel to her locker and retrieve the extra clothes she had hiding in there: a black nike tank top and matching shorts.

Ronnie's hands were inching closer to the door handle when she was almost pushed down by someone on the other side of the dark doors. "Hey! Watch where you're going you - Oh, hey Malia!"

"Sorry," she stated blankly, making Ronnie wonder if she really was. The girl on the floor quickly got up, looking at her friend as she talked. "What are you doing here?"

Her eyes' narrowed at the were coyote weirdly as she gestured towards the door, "Um, I don't know. Maybe what people usually do at a workout place? Workout."

"Well, good luck in there," Malia said as she began to walk away, but turning back at the red haired girl for a split second, "You're gonna need it!"

"Okay..." Ronnie trailed off, though she knew the were coyote left before she could say it to her so she was technically saying it to herself than anyone. She pushed open the door immediately met by a gush of cold wind and the bright lights of the room. And, none other than Theo Raeken.

Shirtless.

"Damn." She muttered under her breath, before looking up at the ceiling, "Thank you. I think I owe you one."

"What are you doing?" He asked from the seat of one of the machines as he stopped, giving her a look of amusement.

"I thought I saw a bug." She sent him an awkward smile.

"On the ceiling?" He almost stated accusingly, his hands on his knees.

"It's a rare species." Ronnie quickly retorted, face-palming herself inwardly.

"You do know that I can tell when you're lying, right?" He got back to his machine still not keeping his eyes off the girl.

"You do know that I don't care, right?" She sassily counteracted, picking up the dumbbells on the rack and lifting them, "Now shut up and go back to what you were doing before so I can work out in silence."