Chapter 2- The Potion Swamp

Jesse's POV

            "We have to save you!" I cried, "We need something to wrap around your arm!"

            "Take this," Petra said weakly as she handed me her blue bandana, "it probably won't stop the blood, but it'll help."

            I took the bandana and quickly tied it around her neck that was quickly turning red. The blood just continued to seep through as I continued to panic.

            "Take this," said Lukas as he unwrapped his arm.

            "What? We can't do that! You need to heal!" I exclaimed.

            "Petra's more hurt than I am. Take it!"

            I reluctantly took the bandage from his shaking hand and tied it around Petra. Not exactly sanitary, but it's better than bleeding to death.

            I heard that gurgling sound again. Uh oh. I turned around and found another walker slowly limping toward us. I wasn't' finished wrapping Petra's neck yet!

            "I've got this!" said Lukas. I wasn't sure if he could handle it with his busted arm, but I had to help Petra now.

            She coughed a bit, then said,

            "Thanks, Jesse." Her face was pale and she looked similar to when she had wither sickness.

            I heard a sound that I doubt I'll ever get out of my head coming from behind me. I turned around and found Lukas leaning over a dead walker with his iron sword.

            "T-thanks," I said with a quivering voice, "now we have to get out of here."

            Lukas and I helped Petra walk through the woods until we reached water. This wasn't like a little pond or something, this was like a huge lake, maybe an ocean!

            "What now?" asked Lukas, reading my mind. I looked around for some ideas. Nothing but grass, trees, and water. Wait, trees!

            "Lukas, cut down a couple trees! We're crafting a boat!"

            He nodded. I set Petra down on the grass as the two of us set out to cut some trees.

            I eventually was able to make a crafting table, and Lukas handed me a bunch of wooden planks. I made the materials needed, then they came together at the center of the table where a boat was waiting for me.

            "There," I said as I placed our new boat onto the blue water. We all hopped in, and Lukas and I both did the oars while Petra sat, barely awake. I was getting really worried about her.

            "Look," said Lukas, pointing ahead to some darker green water, "looks like there's a swamp up there!"

            "What about it?" I asked.

            "Witches live there. And witches have potions. Maybe Petra and I could use some."

            "Wow, good idea," I said. Lukas smiled with pride as we paddled closer.

            The boat bumped the grass as Lukas and I climbed out. Petra lay asleep in the back.

            Lukas and I walked around making sure to stay standing on guard in case any slimes or witches attacked us.

            "There! Look," said Lukas pointing at a wooden structure elevated off the ground by wooden planks.

            "That has to be a witch hut," I said triumphantly. We hurried over there so Petra wouldn't be defenseless right in the open.