»♠« Due:What?!

Start from the beginning

So much work just to see one person. As I walk out of the elevator the whispers and murmurs start.

"Isn't that Scarlett Drachen?"

"Why is she here?"

"She shouldn't ever step her foot in this building."

"She has some nerves to come here."

"She is nothing but trash here. I wonder why Director Rei still keep her here."

"She has the lowest rank in this company."

"She must have cheated the entrance exam and besides her name is on the lowest part of 'The Board.'"

"She always fails her mission. She is a disgrace of Black Op."

And much more. What is this? Highschool? You guessed it. They don't like me. Let me rephrase the last sentence. They never liked me, just because on the first day I pour coffee on some 'popular' girl. She talked to me like I'm a dirt on her shoes just because I'm new. So yeah.

I go to the front desk. "Rei asked me to see him today," I said in a monotone.

The girl behind the desk looks at me and sneered. "I'll call him. You can sit in the chair while I call him and for your information, it's Director Rei for you, loser."

I just rolled my eyes before walking to the waiting chair. While waiting I heard a group talking among themselves.

"Did you see 'The Board' today?"

'The Board' is a digital board that was put on the ground floor. The function of 'The Board' is to show the agent's place in Black Op. The name in the board also shows your achievements for the missions. Either they have success or fail the mission.

"Yeah, I saw it. The Slayer is still in 1st place."

"You know last night I was called to clean up The Slayer's scene."

"Is it true that The Slayer never leaves anything behind? Even the monster's corpse?"

"I didn't know the scene that we were cleaning was The Slayer's scene until I saw a rose was stabbed in a pile of ashes and it's true that 'The Slayer' leaves nothing behind. Not even the monster corpse or part was found. The only thing that shows there was a fight, was a pool of blood."

"If we only knew the identity of The Slayer?"

"I think it's a man because you know, he's strong. Do you ever see his achievements? He beat high-rank monster mission less than a day."

"I know The Slayer is strong but I don't agree that it's male. I think she is a grown woman. After all, she did put a rose at all her mission scenes, right? Don't you think females like that kind of thing?"

"Even the guys from weapon department don't even know The Slayers identity. They said The Slayer never took a weapon from there."

"The identity of The Slayer is one of the 7 wonders in Black Op," the other just nodded their head.

The reason why no one knows the identity of The Slayer is because I never told them about my code name. Besides, I hate attention. I rather have them hate me than give me too much attention. Why the people from the weapon department never see me there? Well that's because I have my own weapon.

When I heard my name being called I stand up and go to Rei's personal elevator. Before the elevator door could close the girl from the front desk smirk and said: "I hope you get fired."

I just cocked my eyebrow at that statement. Working here reminds me back to high school. Because Rei's office on the top office it will take a while before the elevator reaches Rei's office. I quickly hurried out of the elevator when the door open. Better get this business done quickly and I can continue with my lazy day.