War Games

Ashley's P.O.V.

I walk into the home of Haley and I's after a long night at the recording studio. So long, in fact, that it took all night and until morning. I kick off my shoes, "Haley? Are you home?" I call out, but receive no answer. I walk into the kitchen, hoping to find a note.

I find a note, a nerf gun, and about 50 nerf darts. The note says,

Welcome home from work. There are two things:
1: This is your gun and ammo
2: I have one as well, and you are under attack as of NOW
Good luck!

I smile to myself, loading up the nerf gun, "This means war, Haley!" I call out, knowing she can hear me. I hear giggling and before I can turn around something hits my back. I turn around, seeing Haley run down the hall and into the living room and a nerf dart at my feet.

I run after Haley, chuckling a bit. I hold my gun up and ready to fire in case I see her as I walk into the living room, not seeing anything. I go behind the chair, catching sight of one of her sneakers peeking out from behind the couch. I slowly walk towards the couch, smirking a bit, "You can run but you can't," I start to say, looking behind the couch to find no one, "Hide?"

I hear a battle cry, and whip around to see Haley pop out from behind the closet door and firing darts at me. I laugh loudly, holding my hand up to shield my face and start firing back at her. We take a break to reload, and I get a chance to look her over. Wearing complete camouflage and combat boots with a bit a face paint. "You came prepared." I say, loading in the last dart. "I take my war games seriously." She says, loading her gun before firing again at me.

I aim and pull the trigger, not know that the darts had suction cups on the until I see the dart stuck to Haley's forehead. I laugh loudly, not able to hold the nerf gun still. "You look like a unicorn now." I say, not realizing she was aiming until I hear her gun go off and a dart now stuck to my forehead. "Well now we are both unicorns." She says, smiling brightly.