chapter 56

[Megan's POV]

I woke up to a crashing noise and sat up in the bed with nobody lying beside me. 10k? I got up and grabbed my machete off the nightstand and tip toed my way to the door. I slowly opened it peeking my head through seeing the dark living room of the beach house empty. I walked past it and noticed a light in the kitchen. I stopped when I stepped in something and froze looking down at the floor seeing blood.  nervous now I headed to the kitchen and seen a figure standing there.

"10k are you alright?" I asked him.

he turned to face me but he had his hood on so I couldn't see him well, he nodded his head and grabbed my hand pulling me into a kiss. it was different then usual though it was rough and not soft and warming like they always were. I opened my eyes and gasped realizing it wasn't 10k. I shoved him back but he had his hand behind my back holding me close. he took my machete and spun it around pushing it though my stomach and I felt it come out my lower back. I froze and gaged at the blood pouring out of my mouth. I hit the wooden floor on my side holding the handle of the machete. I noticed another figure in front of me and if I could have I would of screamed when I seen 10k's cold body beside me. he was lying on his stomach his head facing me, his eyes where stuck open with fear and there was blood dripping from his mouth making a puddle.

"You should have choose me..." a voice coed.

I weakly looked up at Gavin staring down at me. his face was the last thing I seen before my eyes rolled to the back of my head and I felt my life quickly slip away...

****

I woke up choking on my heavy breathing. sweat rolled down my face and drenching my entire body. I pushed all my hair back with my hands and squeezed my eyes shut for a moment. it was just a dream. it was just a dream. I told myself. I looked over to 10k's side of the bed and noticed he wasn't there and I began to panic. there was a crack of lightning outside and I heard rain banging on the side of the house.

I jumped up grabbing my machete and headed to the kitchen. on my way there I stepped in something and I looked down seeing me a puddle on the floor. it felt like my heart had skipped a beat with fear and I headed towards a light in the kitchen. I held my machete in front of me when I seen a figure facing away from me at the counter. there was an oil lamp beside him and I noticed he had his hood pulled over his head. when he turned around he jumped when he seen me and put his hands in front of him.

"Megan... put the machete down," he said.

"you killed him!" I yelled.

"killed who?" he asked me.

I felt a tear slip down my cheek. when Gavin moved his hands towards his head I nicked his upper arm with my machete.

"don't move!" I yelled at him my arms shaking.

he ripped his hood off and held his bleeding arm where I cut him. I dropped my machete and put my hands over my mouth. 10k stood there straight faced with his bleeding arm. I backed up a step bumping into the stove.

"what the hell is going on?" Dean walked in Red not far behind him.

Dean came up to me first why Red grabbed a kitchen towel and started wrapping it around 10k's arm.

"are you hurt?" Dean asked me.

I still had my hands over my mouth stuck in shock. I hurt him... because I had a bad dream...  my eyes where glued on 10k and Dean was talking into my ear but I wasn't looking at him.  Dean then stepped in front of me and moved my hands away from my face.

"hey look at me," he ordered.

when I didn't look my eyes unable to function he grabbed my chin and turned my face to look at him breaking me from my frozen position. I looked into his eyes that were filled with worry and my only reaction was to hug him. he wrapped his arms over my shoulders  and I got another glance of 10k. he was still looking at me with sad eyes making a few tears stroll down my cheeks. I felt my legs start to shake until they gave out from under me and Dean caught me from hitting the floor.

"ok come on let's get some rest," he said picking me up bridal style.

he brought me back to my room and laid me on the bed and I curled up on my side staring blankly at the wall.

[10k's POV]

I flinched when Red dabbed my arm with a towel.

"sorry," she muttered.

I gave her a weak smile as she returned to getting the bleeding to stop. luckily it wasn't to deep so it won't need stitches. 

"she's still in shock what happened?" Dean reappeared.

"I don't know... she came in scared saying I killed him? she cut me when I went to move my hood to show her it was me," I explained.

"whatever it was we need to keep her separate from you for now. we don't know how stable she'll be after this," Red put in.

"ya... I think that's best," I almost whispered.

hey guys I know I know I'm super late on updating but recently I've working on one of my other books make sure to go check them out after leaving me a vote!
>>>don't be a silent reader!<<<
VOTE
COMMENT
AND
FOLLOW:)