chapter 41

*police jacket*

[Megan's POV]

I took a deep breath and stepped out of the small room not wanting to look at him any more.

"I'm sorry about your friend," Red said laying a hand on my shoulder.

"don't be," I said surprising her, "we should get back to the truck,".

[10k's POV]

I held my beloved sniper in my hand as I stood on the front wall. I'll admit this was pretty nice having something to do with my spare time here. I studied the surroundings of the gated off housing and it was only a single road that led back into town. a car horn caught my attention and a gray truck slowed in front of the gate and I jumped down and helped them slide it open to let them in. a bunch of people from inside started to spill out into the streets to watch. they seem to get excited when people come back from the outside world. some of these people have probably never even killed a Z before and there had to be at least 50-70 people living here.

"hey," Megan frowned at me.

"what's wrong? did you find them?" I asked.

"we found one..." she said.

"who? where are they do they know where the others are," I got excited, I didn't see anyone.

"we found out one of them was hit in the street and they made there way to a cafe and he died there-"

"he? was it Doc," I shook.

"no, it was Vasquez," she told me.

I hate to say this but I was a bit relived it wasn't anybody else. I was getting tired of having to carry his ass around.

"infected!!!"

"Run!"

I turned seeing people trying to shut the gate but a small heard of Z's was pushing it open. the truck must of lured them over.

"come on!" Megan yelled.

we ran to the gate and helped try and shut it but there was to much force on the other side and we where forced to back out and let them in. I raised my gun and fired killing two Z's at once and then an arrow passed my face and I turned seeing a Z lying next to me. I looked over at Red trying to reload her cross bow and smiled at me saying your welcome in a way. one of the guys I stood on the wall with started screaming when a Z started biting into his neck and quickly bled out falling on the ground. I shot the Z and then gave the man mercy before he turned. I relaxed when I could see all the Z's where dead but I couldn't be more wrong when a dead person turned behind me and tumbled over me onto the ground. a loud gun shot went off and I quickly climbed out from under the dead Z and looked at the man who killed it.

he had a grey button up shirt with dark blue jeans, he was tall and clearly had muscles that popped out from under his shirt, his hair was a dark black like mine and he held a hand down towards me. I generously took it and he yanked me up and soon Megan came over asking if I was alright. I nodded my head and turned my attention back to the man.

"thanks," I told him.

"my pleasure, names Scott I'm the mayor. I hear you've been doing quite a bit for my little town in the few days you've been here?" he said.

"where hoping our friends find this place," Megan said.

"I know, I thought I would come meet you personally," he said.

"it's nice to meet you Mr. mayor," I told him.

"well, it's a shame what happened today, these where good men," he said staring at the dead bodies.

soon a bunch of people came back out and starts listening to the majors speech.

he spoke of how he built this place where people could be safe. he then was handed two black jackets with "Orcutt police" written on it. he held them out to me and Megan.

"I would love if you both would be part of our town enforcers at least why you look for your friends," he smiled.

he looked at me and I shook my head. sure it was an honor I guess but we've only been here for barely two days, it just seems odd.

"I understand," he looked at me, "what about you Megan?"

I looked at her and could tell she was clearly thinking about it. when she reached out and took the jacket from him a small stab of betrayal hit me. I know I shouldn't be mad but getting to involved with these people could be dangerous. people started cheering in the back round and all I could do was watch.

once we where done mingling around the streets me and Megan found our way back to the condo. as soon as we got inside my mouth flew open.

"why did you accept?" I snipped at her.

she looked at me confused, "why wouldn't I? at least now I get to carry this around," she said holding her bow up.

"your getting to attached to this place as soon as we find the others where getting out of here," I reminded her.

"you don't think I know that?" she got angry.

I stopped and took and deep breath and placed my hands on her shoulders.

"I'm sorry ok I just don't want to have to stay here any longer then we have to," I told her.

"we'll find them alright," she said holding my face.

I leaned down and kissed her soft lips before she headed for a shower. I walked into the bedroom and fell onto to the bed and stared up at the ceiling. I know Doc wouldn't leave is behind neither would Addy...

hey guys sorry it so long but I hope you enjoyed this R.I.P. Vasquez. leave a comment :)

>>>don't be a silent reader!<<>
VOTE
COMMENT
AND
FOLLOW:)