chapter 7

[10k's POV]

We walked up the drive way of an abandoned house and found the front door open. I held my rifle up and slowly walked inside. I let out a loud whistle that echoed threw the 2 story house.

"what are you doing!" Megan whisper/yelled at me. I held my hand up and we waited a minute before hearing something stumble and crash. I jumped around the corner to see a zombie slide down the stairs and land at my feet. it grabbed my ankles and I fell back, I panicked and ripped my feet away from the snapping thing and felt a rush of wind go past my cheek. I was stunned to see an arrow sitting in the zombies head.

"are you bit?" Megan asked. I turned around and looked at her with an arrow pointing at my head.

"no..." I told her. she aimed her bow away and relaxed her arm. she walked past me and ripped the arrow from the corpse and placed it back in her quiver that was strapped around her chest and sitting on her back.

"thanks," I said sarcastically, getting up.

"returning the favor," she said. I sighed and walked past the stairs and found the kitchen. I started ripping open cupboards and drawers. about 5 minutes later with no help from Megan who was just observing me I found a single can of peaches and found some nasty things left in the fridge but came up with 2 water bottles to fill ours up with.

"Here," I said holding out the canned peaches.
Megan stared at me and then back down at the can.

"keep it," she said turning around and going back down the hall. I sighed again and put the can on the counter, what do I have to do to get her to trust me even the slightest bit. I started to glance at the walls, I walked into the hall where picture frames cluttered the empty space. a family lived here a long time ago, a lot of the photos where old or slightly yellowish. One in particular caught my eyes and I stared blankly at it. A young boy was standing in front of a larger man, holding onto a fish that was being held by a line the large man was holding on to. the boy looked so happy...

***flashback continued***

I stared at my fathers dead body laying up against a crate, his rifle laying up against his chest. he killed him self... he actually pulled the trigger. he actually left me...

"dad!" I  cupped his face and shook him as if expecting him to wake up. I could feel tears rolling down my cheeks and I was breathing heavily. I raked my fingers threw my hair trying to figure out what I was suppose to do. a white slip of paper caught my attention in his jacket pocket, I reached over shakily and pulled it out, drops of blood soaked onto the white page, it was some sort of note?

"son... if your reading this then I am so terribly sorry for leaving you. I couldn't take it any more... I was weak. but you, you are strong, your brave, smart, I know you'll be just fine on your own. help cleanse the world of this awful virus and get back any strand of humanity there might be left in this world. remember everything I taught you. take my rifle, and move on, but never forget."

I wiped the tears off my face and got up off the floor. I gently picked up the rifle from my dads fingers and swung it on my shoulder. I gave him one last glance before I turned and left never looking back..."

***end of flashback***

I smiled for a split second before walking into the living room and peeked behind the curtain of a window.

BANG

"ahhh!!" I screamed and clutched my cheek.

I pulled my hand back and felt blood roll down my cheek as I stared at my bloody finger tips. I got down and daringly peeked out the corner of the shattered window enough where I could see outside. a black truck was parked in the street and a few people where perched behind it.

"what the hell is going on!?" Megan whispered. I spun around finding her at the top of the stairs.

"stay there!" I whispered back. I crawled over to the couch in the living room and grabbed my sniper and held it firmly. I ducked when they started laying fire on the house again and I heard more Windows shattering.

"come on out we know you're in their!" I heard from out side. I got back to the window and I peeked back out. I could only see 4 guys with automatic rifles in their hands. I laid the barrel of my sniper in the broken window and took aim at one of the men.

"damnit," I mumbled. I couldn't get the shot I was to low. I looked back outside and then I heard glass break up stairs. I jerked my head to the stairs where Megan had been and found it empty. I looked back to the window and heard a loud commotion and then one of the guys took an arrow to the chest and fell back dead. more bullets started to hit the house and I took cover again. what are we suppose to do with these assholes...

hey guys hope you like it the picture in the beginning is a simple blood splatter from 10k's flashback story let me k ke if you like the flashbacks.

>>>don't be a silent reader!<<<
VOTE
COMMENT
AND
FOLLOW