chapter 15

**Addy and her really cool bat**

[Megans POV]

I leaned against the back of the truck and watched 10k mingling with them. I can't believe where doing this! I should just take off right now and them be on their own. I don't know these people? and don't even get me started on that one guy...

10k nodded his head at the group and he started making his way back towards me. I angrily stared at him and crossed my arms as he got closer to me.

"can you get rid of the attitude please," he asked.

"that asshole has no right to-"

"well that asshole is the cure for saving man kind," he cut me off.

I stared at him blankly.

"what?" I asked.

"their a group working for the government getting that asshole who's name is Murphy to California," he explained.

"ok and...?" I said.

"we should go with them," he told me.

I laughed for a second before realizing he was being serious.

"no. no way!" I yelled at him.

"they have cars, food, and protection what's bad about that!" he argued.

"I'm better off on my own," I said getting off the truck.

he grabbed my arm and turned me to face him.

"please," he begged.

I couldn't peel my eyes away from him and groaned before leaning back on the truck.

"fine... but only for a little bit," I gave in.

"there are a few rules though, we are to protect Murphy at all costs," he told me.

"ya about that... who says I even believe that he's the cure, there's no such thing," I pointed out.

he grabbed my arm and pulled me over to group and I stood there awkwardly.

"she wants proof," 10k asked them.

Warren looked over to Murphy and nodded her head at him and he rolled his eyes before lifting his shirt up reviling a bunch of scared bit marks. Megan's eyes grew wide as she stared at him.

"y-you should be dead!" she said out loud.

"ya that's what I said," Murphy frowned putting his shirt down.

"so, you in or out," Warren looked at us.

"where in," 10k said.

"then let's move out," Warren said heading back to her truck.

Doc patted 10k on the back and we went back towards the other truck. I can already tell there growing on each other.

a few hours later we where driving threw zombies head on, me and 10k had to hold on tight in the bed of the truck. after a few minutes of loosing feeling in my hands the truck slowed to a stop awkwardly leaning to the right.

we stopped and I jumped out before we where even fully stopped and held my bow in my left hand. if where gonna be traveling with these people I need to show them what I'm capable of...

a few zombies where walking towards us and I pulled an arrow out of my quiver and pulled it back towards the first zombie and killed it with a head shot. two more where behind it and I took out the one on the left and when the right one got really close I pulled my knife out and went to stab it but a rush of air went passed me and the zombie fell to ground an bullet in its head. I turned to see 10k standing with his sniper against his shoulder. I smiled when a zombie came up behind him and I pulled my bow back scaring him for a sec but when it flew past him and killed the Z he turned around and looked at me shocked.