chapter 45

[Megan's POV]

it had been a few hours of sitting on the wall with Dean and the sun was starting to show behind the mountains. I stared down the empty road beyond the wall and couldn't help wonder what had happened to the rest of the group. did they make it to California? or are their bodies lying in a ditch somewhere....

"did you see that?" Dean said standing up.

I brought myself back to earth and looked around, "no what did you see?"

"Come on," he said.

he jumped down outside the wall and I looked down at him.

"are you crazy? we should call this in," I told him.

"aw come on it might be fuuun," he smirked at me.

I looked back over the town before I finally urged myself to jump down with him. I followed him off the side of the road and down a hill where an abandoned farm was. we walked across the dead field towards the farm house and I scanned the place over. I didn't see any Z's around but I didn't know if that was a good thing or not.

"i'll go check the house you check the barn around back," Dean said.

before I could argue splitting up wasn't the best idea he was already gone. I sighed in frustration before walking around back and stood in front of an old beaten up barn. the classic red and white paint on the wood was cracked and faded and one of the big door was crooked on its hinges. I held my bow tightly in my left hand as I walked in the open door. dust lingered in the air and the lighting was dim, the floor was covered in old hay and the building itself was quite empty beside an old tractor off to the side. I could see up in the hay lofts where hay stacks where still neatly placed high up.

I was about to step out thinking it was clear before a shadow moved behind the hay stacks up in the loft. I walked over to the ladder and looked up thinking maybe I'm just seeing things before a hay stack came tumbling down on top of me knocking me down to the ground leaving me unconscious.

****

I groaned and opened my eyes and everything was blurry, I touched my head that was throbbing and blinked a couple times to try and get my vision back.

"thank god your awake,"

I slowly moved my eyes and seen Dean crouched down next to me. He placed a rag on my forehead and I flinched and he pressed down on it gently.

"what happened," I asked.

I tried to sit up and Dean put his hand behind my back and helped me. I looked behind him and seen a body lying behind him. dead.

"bandits, this ones alone but there could be more near by, I was afraid to move you until you where awake you might have a concussion," he told me.

he handed me the rag he was holding and I noticed some blood on it so I pressed it back against my head. he wrapped my arm around his neck and swung his arm under my legs picking me up. I didn't say anything as we walked out of the barn, I really didn't have any words, he just might of saved my life today. we got back up onto the road and different gourds where up on the wall.

"open the gate!" Dean yelled.

the gates started to open and Dean slipped inside and was making his way straight to the medic tent. I feel like I was just here the other day wasn't I?

"What happened?" I heard Red say who was now keeping up with us.

"bandit attack, she hit her head pretty bad," Dean informed her.

Red split away from us probably to inform the others to keep and extra eye on the wall encase more of them show up.

"Megan!?" I heard somebody yell.

Dean ducked under the medic tent and set me down on a cot and I laid back holding my head. something grabbed my hand and I opened my eyes at 10k right next to me and Dean was in the back round talking to a nurse or something. the nurse came over to me and lifted the rag up taking a look at the gash on the side of my head before gently setting it back down.

"lets step back and the medics do their job," I heard Dean say grabbing 10k' shoulder.

I watched him step up and push Dean off him, "this is on you! you dragged her out there" 10k yelled at him.

"guys dont fight..." I mumbled.

"dont talk," the nurse told me.

10k swung his fist at Dean but he caught it mid way and twisted him around with his arm behind his back. Dean glanced over at me and then sighed before letting his arm go and walking away from the situation.

***hour later***

I was finally allowed to go back to the condo with just 3 stitches and in the clear zone of having a concussion. I went back to the house with 10k by my side and I slowly laid my head down on the pillow and 10k laid down next to me. we laid there for a few minutes and he had his arm wrapped over my stomach comforting me.

"i'll go get us some food," 10k said getting up.

"ok," I smiled at him.

he gently pecked my lips before I heard him shut the front door on his way out. I relaxed before I heard somebody knock on the door.

"its open!" I said to tired to get up.

the door opened and a minute later Dean was standing in the bedroom door way looking at me. In one hand he had my bow and in the other he was holding a small yellow flower.

"just wanted to see how you where doing and make sure you got this back," he said setting my bow down against the wall.

"thanks," I stared at him.

he walked inside and up to my side of the bed and placed the yellow flower on the night stand. he went to leave but stopped and turned towards me and leaned down and gently kissed the top of my head before leaving with out another word. I was honestly a bit shocked at the moment. I hadn't even heard him come back but 10k walked in and stopped staring at the flower on the night stand.

"where'd that come from...?" he asked.

hey guys hope you enjoyed if you did hit that vote button!
>>>don't be a silent reader<<<
VOTE
COMMENT
AND
FOLLOW:)