{52} A Family Reunion

I'm dedicating to my friend who helped with a story that isn't posted. Also, she's writing a bxb story that is great. More than great. Congrats her on having 1,000 thousand fans and her reads, comments, and votes! You deserved it, dude! :D She's just awesome! Only 7 chapters left!

~~~

Mom still wasn't home yet and I've calmed down. Edgar kept telling me she was fine. Vincent kept telling me we'll find her, Serge would run a hand through my hair and whisper sweet things in my ear like my mom, and Chase would hug me whenever I didn't feel her warmth. I've gotten better because Chase and the wolves made me laugh and smile. But the best part was they made me forget about my mom whenever I was with them. I didn't completely forget about her. I didn't think about her when I'm with them.

They made me forget about the stress, black blood, Lochaln, Lawson, my granddad, and my dad. Brandon bring it up when we were eating dinner at the cabin. I didn't actually know where they were.

When I went back outside, they were gone. Even my dad's dead body. Vincent didn't care because he was dead. You can't control the dead, the dead controls you. That gave me shivers down my spine because his words were true.

Denis was right the whole time we fought. They were inside of them. My granddad, my dad, Brandon, and Denis. There was a little hope that somewhere in my dad's body was dad and he was trying to control it. But each time he screamed at mom, three years he screamed and half beat up her, my dad was already gone. And it took my three years to finally understand. I was too late. I don't regret killing my dad and I don't regret spending time with him.

I sometimes wonder what it will be like to be normal. Not having black wings popping out of my back, drinking blood, having a missing mother, and slaying werewolves for life. I think being normal was good. Being normal felt good. Being normal was having a complete family, and I didn't feel complete without having a mother and a father. Edgar didn't care if he had a mother and a father but I knew that wasn't true. He was too fond of having a father but he loved a mother, our mother.

Hell, he wanted to have a little brother that so he could mess with him and kick anyone's ass if they messed with him. I wonder if I had a little brother or sister. With all the secrets that my mom and dad kept, there must be more.

For example, where's my mom? How did my grandma die when I turned thirteen? What the hell am I? Where's my uncle? Where's my cousins? All the questions that would've been answered if my parents told me. Told a regular teen boy who wanted to hang out with his family and friends and go to college. College wasn't important at this moment because of the craziness.

Hell, I don't know what to do with my life.

We were eating when there was a knock on the door. Vincent was going to get up and get it but I was quicker. I swing the door open and saw something that made my head wander. They gave me a smile.

I didn't have the urge to smile back. "Hey Eddie. This is my brother, Leonardo, the one I talked about after you saved me."

Lochlan, or Leonardo smiled and nodded. Someone pop their head over Leonardo's shoulder and I finally found my voice.

"Mom?" I squeaked.

She smiled and pushed her away through Leonardo and Lawson and gave me a big hug. "Hi honey. Sorry I left you but I had to do some work. I heard your calls for me. I'm right here, baby," she said sincerely.

I hugged her back and nodded. I could never be angry at my mom. Edgar was but when cool down when her heard my mom's voice. I let them in and my mom and I made a plate for them. Mr. Naz and Chase looked uncomfortable because they didn't know what was going to happen. Clayton, Vincent, and Serge ignored them. I didn't want them ignoring them because of what they did. They weren't Lupo and Lochlan anymore. They were Lawson and Leonardo who had a strong bond and lived a normal life.

I looked at my mom and asked, "Where were you?"

She froze and moved her eyes to mine. She started to move her jaw and then she swallowed her food. "I told you. I was working."

"I know but why didn't you leave a note like you always do? I missed you."

"I missed you, too." She looked around the table and sighed. "I wanted to talk to Lawson and Leonardo about something."

Lawson and Leonardo looked at us and my mom gave them a smile.

"Azrael told us about you and her friends so she invited us for dinner. I'm glad you saved us from something I hardly know," Lawson said.

"Wait, I thought your name was Angie, mom?" I said.

She gave me a sheepish smile. "I had to change my name for the sake of being human."

I nodded. "So you're not going to kill me anymore?"

Leonardo raised an eyebrow. "Why would we want to kill you?"

Everyone became quiet and they looked at me and Leonardo.

'Why? Your brother tried to kill me!'

"Your brother tried to change me into a werewolf," I began. He raised his eyebrow up more. "He wanted to test me, he wanted me to join your pack. Don't you remember?"

They shook his head and question popped in my head. What was going on? Mr. Naz placed two fingers on the brother's head and they fell asleep.

"What the hell is going on?" Vincent said.

My mom sighed and ran a hand through her hair. "I told them what happened to them. I told about their parents, werewolves, angels, and how werewolves controlled them. Vincent, this is just the beginning. After they hear Lupo has changed back to human, they aren't going to back down. This isn't about testing Eddie and Chase anymore. It's a bigger war. They want to make people werewolves so they can form a bigger pack and end all the supernaturals."

We stayed quiet so the words could sink in. I thought this was ending of between me and werewolves. Why can't they leave us alone? Why couldn't we life humanly?

Vincent sighed and stood up, "What can we do?"

She shook her head. "We can train ourselves and wait for something to come. I am sorry to tell you this."

"It's fine. We need to be aware of our surrounds."

"I'm glad we had this talk."

Brandon looked scared but Denis calmed him down by kissing his cheek and wrapping an arm around his shoulder. My mom nodded towards Mr. Naz and he put his two fingers on the brother's forehead. They jolted up and looked around, confused.

"What happened?" Lawson said. Leonardo groaned and rubbed his head.

"We were talking. I think you zoned out," Mr. Naz said normally.

We resumed eating but what my mom said kept coming back to my mind. 'Maybe it wasn't a good idea turning Lupo and Lochlan human.'

Lawson and Leonardo laughed at what Chase said and Clayton rolled his eyes, smiling. Serge ate his food but his eyes would jolt up whenever someone talked. Mr. Naz was talking to Vincent and my mom. Vincent pushed his shoulder and Mr. Naz did the same. My mom put her chin on hand and talked and laughed to the two adults. Edgar stood next to me as I watched the people that helped me survive talked and laughed.

'Their names are Lawson and Leonardo, not Lupo and Lochlan,' I said in my mind. Edgar turned his head towards me and raised an eyebrow. I shrugged and ate my food, watching them.

Chase saw that I haven't said anything. "So Eddie, are you glad that your mom is back?"

Everyone looked at me, even Edgar. They knew my answer. I was ecstatic that she was back. "Of course. She's family," I said.

They smiled. They didn't know they were the only thing that made me ecstatic. They were the only family I got. Chase flicked peas towards me and I smirked, doing the same to him. He put his head back and laughed. Denis and Brandon joined in and Vincent, my mom, Mr. Naz, Lawson, and Leonardo shook their heads and ignored us. We were just a bunch of teens having fun with their family.