{14} Good Morning

I woke up and got up from my bed, stretching my bones. I heard a few cracks and I groaned. The mattress was shit but the mutts would either say sleep on the floor or the bed. They should be the ones sleeping on the floor. We're human.

I looked at Chase whose face was smashed in the pillow and his arm lazily in front of him. I didn't know why Chase put his arm around my waist. Maybe it was because him and his brother used to do that when they were younger. I was going to wake him up when Chase had bags under his eyes from the lack of sleep.

I tiptoed to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. Messy brown hair, dull eyes, and small cuts on my lips.

I closed my eyes and whispered to myself, "Please, leave me alone. I don't have time for you." I opened my eyes and was surprised that I didn't hear the voice replied. I took my pills and did the usual routine. When I walked out, Chase was still sleeping. I looked at my phone and it was still early so I let him sleep.

I walked downstairs and saw Serge and Clayton in the living room watching TV and Vincent reading the newspaper. I rolled my eyes and walked into the kitchen and grabbed myself an apple from the fridge. I leaned my shoulder on the wall as I watched the TV. I wasn't paying attention until they said something about a dead body.

'Yesterday at 6:19 pm, a man was spotted on the sidewalk with his throat sliced opened. Citizens has said they seen a boy moving away from the man and something was covering on his face. We don't have any suspect at this moment but police are asking questions and trying to catch the killer.'

They showed a picture of the man and I almost chocked on the piece of apple that was in my mouth. His neck had a long line in the middle and his face was pale. The mutts looked at me and growled. What I did made no sense to me. I would be freaking out but I wouldn't show them. No. What I did made me scared for myself. I smirked and bit my apple. Vincent growled again and got up from his chair.

"Good morning," I said innocently. My voice sounded different. It had mock and a joking matter in it.

"How dare you kill our kind? How dare you kill a werewolf without my watch? Vincent sneered.

"He attacked first! I wasn't gonna let a dog kill me!" I yelled. I knew he wouldn't understand how a Slayer works. We fight to protect ourselves, not give in and be someone's bitch.

"I do not care. You are not killing anymore werewolves," Vincent hissed and glared at me.

If he thought his glare scared me, it didn't.

"And I don't listen?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

My smirked widen but then it dropped when I was slammed on the wall that my shoulder was leaning on. Vincent's eyes were black and cold; his mouth was opened, showing his long white teeth and his long nail on my neck.

"I wouldn't hesitate to turn you into a werewolf and feel how it is to live in this world. They wouldn't want a Slayer in their turf. Behavior human."

I stared at him hard before smacking his hand off my neck. He gave me a nasty look before turning around and walking away. Fucking pup. He growled and a door slammed closed, the house shaking a little. I heard footsteps coming down and I looked to see Chase pointing at Vincent.

"What's his problem? Woke up at the wrong side of the bed or something?" Chase said jokingly.

I cracked a smiled and nodded. I threw the apple in the trash can and we walked out of the cabin. I couldn't tell Chase that I killed a werewolf without telling him and that I left the body in the wide open. In the back of my mind, I knew my dad was going to be proud that I killed a werewolf. But my heart ached when I saw the disproval in his eyes. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. This wasn't a good morning.