{28} A Day with the Dog

I woke up to my back and neck hurting, my head on something hard, and lights blinding me. I groaned and sat up, cracking my neck and arms. I looked around and sighed when I remembered what happened yesterday. Clayton suggested that I should sleep on the couch until Chase has calmed down. I felt a little sad because I couldn't apologize to Chase and explain to him what I said wasn't true.

I rubbed my eyes, rubbing away the sleepiness and got up, walking to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and looked inside the fridge to see meat and beer bottles. I frowned and closed the fridge door. I turned around to see Serge standing with no shirt on. I wanted to tell him to put on a shirt but this is his house so he can do whatever the hell he wanted.

"Chase and Clayton went to school," he notified me. I nodded and opened the cabinets above me. "Y'know...he feels bad about screaming at you."

I slowly stopped looking in the cabinets and turned my attention to Serge.

"I want to get away from this mess and you're bringing it up," I said dully.

He frowned and crossed his arms over his chest. "I'm sorry."

"There's nothing to be sorry. Just stop talking about the mess we made."

"We, what do you mean we? You started this. This would've happened if you haven't killed Lochlan! My life would still be perfect!" 

"What life? You're not even human! You don't deserve a life!"

His eyes turned black and he walked towards me. I grabbed the big knife from the knife block and put the tip to his throat. We stared at each other, our eyes showing anger and hatred. He sighed slowly; his eyes turning back to brown. Serge looked down, some hair falling to his eyes.

"Maybe you are right," he whispered.

"I told you but you didn't listen. I told you you weren't human but werewolves-" I ranted but he stopped me.

"No not about that."

I quirked an eyebrow. "Then what am I right about?"

His brown eyes locked onto mine, showing pure sadness and disappointment. "Maybe you could possibly kill me."

My breath stopped for a second. My heart swelled when he said that. I could kill Serge but...did I want to? I should kill him for killing Aria and bring justice to her soul but...I don't know. I could give a rat's ass about Clayton and Vincent but over the past weeks, they helped me with Lochlan and now Edgar. Clayton could control Chase whenever he got mad and Vincent can keep Serge on his toes. But me...I don't know. I knew Chase wanted justice for Aria but I couldn't blame her death on Serge. Serge slowly moved forward and I loosened the knife a little bit. He put his forehead on mine and sniffed loudly. He pulled away slowly and put his nose on my left cheek.

"I'm so sorry," he mumbled. I gritted my teeth and pushed him away roughly. I put the knife on the counter and walked past him.

"Get dressed. We're hanging out," I said over my shoulder.

~~~

Serge wanted to go grocery shopping and I shrugged. I didn't care what we were doing. The only thing that kept coming back was Chase and Denis. I should call Denis if he's okay. I looked my phone and groaned silently. He was still in first period.

"Something's wrong?" Serge asked, stopping the cart.

I stopped and shook my head. "No nothing. Just a little tired."

He nodded and checked the bread. I looked around and saw a man and a woman arguing. I walked towards them until someone grabbed my arm. I looked up to see Serge holding me. I slapped his hand and opened my mouth when he said something first. "They’re arguing about each other. The man thinks his girlfriend is cheating on him when in reality she's pregnant. It's a boy." I blinked and said,