{21} Fake Dreams and Real Nightmares

I was walking down the hall when I saw the two girls who screamed and found Aria's body. I put my head down so they wouldn't notice my existence but I was wrong.

"Hey Eddie," they said in unison.

It was like time slowed down. I looked over my shoulder to see the girls looking at me and then they turned their heads, walking to the girls' bathroom. I stopped walking and turned around. I leaned my shoulder on a wall and waited for the something, anything. They sounded and looked different. I thought they would be terrified to go back to the girls' bathroom, but they looked calm. They looked like nothing scar them for life. I waited for a few minutes if they were going to scream or not, and I heard the door open. I put my back to the wall, covering my whole body, and took a peek. They were walking out of the girls' bathroom, walking like robots.

I raised an eyebrow. What the hell? When they turned a corner, I took my chance. I walked to the girls' bathroom and opened the door to see a girl with, and she was on her tip-toes putting on lipstick. I was going to say sorry and back up because I was in the girls' bathroom and she might think I'm a creep and probably tell the principle, which I don't need right now, but the girl turned her head and I was staring into blue eyes.

"Aria?" I said faintly.

Her lips turned into a smile and said, "Hey Eddie. Um, you do realize that this is the girls' bathroom, right? It's fine if you're a girl behind all those boyish looks."

I gave her a small smile and rushed over to her to give her a hug. She yelped and I hugged her tighter.

"Nice to see you too, I guess?" She asked awkwardly.

I chuckled and I felt her arms wrap around my neck. We stood there hugging each other. I didn't want to let her go. I shouldn't have gotten attached to her, but I did. She meant something to me. I felt her lose her grip but I wanted to hug her just a little more. She pulled back and I pushed her away roughly. Her eyes weren't bright blue. They weren't eyes that could make a guy’s legs go weak or have that innocent look. Her eyes were ghostly white.

Aria titled her head and asked, "What's wrong?"

I opened to say something when two hands came out of nowhere and grabbed her head.

"Watch out!" I yelled. But I was already too late. He snapped her head to the right and let her body fall on the ground. It was the same position she was in when I saw her. I took out my dagger and charged at the man. He grabbed my wrist and flipped us over so that my back was on the wall and he was in front of me. He tightened his grip and I hissed.

"You're so pretty in a body bag just like Aria. You're so pretty in a body bag just like Aria."

"Fuck you!" I wailed. 

"Your escape is breaking in. You'll see it’s me breaking free."

I shook my head and felt a cold hand on my neck.  With my other hand, I punched his stomach as hard I could, and he laughed. He fucking laughed.

'I'll break you, Eddie. I'll break you. I'll carve the fear on your face and they'll see how scared you are."

I turned my head and shut my eyes, so I wouldn't be able to see his eyes and his face, and screamed as hard I could. I felt swoosh of wind hit me and I shivered. I opened my eyes and I found myself in the woods. I raised an eyebrow and looked in front of me to see the man gone.

I sighed slowly and fixed myself. My heart was beating firmly and goose bumps were appearing on my body.  I looked down at what I was wearing and scoffed my breath showing in the air. I'm dreaming which means I'm sleeping.