{15} Normal

Chase and I walked down the hallway to see pictures of Aria everywhere. Some were looking at the pictures and reading about her life before she met her death. I rolled my eyes and kept walking. They only cared because she died in the school. They didn't get to know her like Chase and I did. She didn't deserve to die but the mutts didn't know anything about feelings and how it affected her parents and the people she knew. If she was alive they wouldn't give a damn about her but the people who knew her.

'This is your fault.'

I grabbed Chase's arm and pulled him into our classroom. We sat down in our seats and waited for the bell to ring. I flipped my hair out my eyes and tried to get rid of the voice. It wasn't my fault. I just talked to a girl who needed help to find her class. She was my friend when we sat together in the lunch room.

"I miss Aria. Those pricks didn't have to kill her," Chase flatly said. Chase wouldn't show his emotions in school. The emotions he would show were anger, kindness, and emotionless. We both knew that Chase didn't like death. He kept thinking that his brother would die by werewolves but I would always tell him to shut up and it isn't going to happen.

I nodded and said, "I know."

"You're a prick, too."

I raised an eyebrow and looked at him. "How?"

Chase bore his eyes into mine with so much anger. "You're a prick for a killing a werewolf in everyone's sight. What the hell were you thinking? When your dad hears about-"

I slammed my hand my desk, making Chase jump. "Fuck my dad. He would care about us if he got us out, but he didn't. He made a fucking deal with a fleabag. Don't speak about my dad anymore, okay?" I barked.

"This isn't about your dad, Eddie. This is about you not telling me about when or where you're going to kill a werewolf. Do you want everyone to know that a teen killed a man by slicing his throat? That's not normal, Eddie," Chase whispered sharply.

"What is normal, Chase? Our lives can't be normal. We will always be known as two teens who are trying to be High Rank Slayers. We were born with this."

"What if you weren't born with this, Eddie? We were forced to do this since we turned thirteen. Do you remember what happened? Do you remember how much you didn't want to do this but you didn't have a choice?"

"Chase, I'm not having this conversation. I killed a werewolf in everyone's sight. Get over it."

"I won't get over it, Eddie! You fucking killed someone!" Chase screamed and jumped up, pushing his chair away.

Eyes turned to us and I shrugged and said, "He's a little crazy in the morning."

Some nodded or rolled their eyes.

I grabbed Chase's shoulder and pulled him down to my level. "What the hell do you thinking your doing? We do not share werewolf business inside of school. Sit down and shut up."

I let go of his shoulder and turned in front of the room to see the teacher walk in. "Alright, class. Let's get started."

I took out my notebook and a pen and pretend I was taking notes. I didn’t understand why they made a big deal out of this. I killed a werewolf. I have millions to go. I tried concreting on my lyrics but Chase's words kept coming in my mind.

"Do you want everyone to know that a teen killed a man by slicing his throat? That's not normal, Eddie."

What is normal then? Did I regret killing the man? The man who was a dog? Is it normal killing werewolves?

~~~

I realized that I didn't told you guys who is talking or not. The italics is the man that Eddie killed, if you guys don't know that. If you did, congrats! You win a cookie! No, no you don't. Anyways, I'll post up Chase in the next chapter and then the next next chapter I'll post up another character that is going to be important. Thanks for reading! ^-^