Christmas

Mayas POV

Today, is Christmas. I wake up and i get dressed. I was up with Maci again all night. I dress in jeans and a t shirt. I throw on a hoodie. I throw my hair into a messy bun and i dress Maci. I get everything and we walk to Starbucks. I grab four coffees.

I get to the matthews.

" Shawnee!!" mr. Matthews yells.

" No Maya! " i say and he finally buzzs me in.

I walk up with Maci. We, get in and i throw my first coffee away since, i drank it all already.

I take Maci out and grab my second coffee.

" Coffee!" Mr. Matthews says and goes to take one.

"take it and you'll be handless" i say.

" Up and down all night?" he asks.

" yup" i reply.

"yeah okay" he says and walks away.

The door opens and Mr. Matthews parents come in along with Josh, Lucas, Zay, Farkle, Smackle, and my mom with Shawn.

I sit down and bounce Maci on my knee.

"oh! Coffee!" Lucas says and goes to take one.

" I dare you too take one of my coffees huckleberry. I will destroy you HeeHaw! " i say

" wow, she hasn't changed" Shawn says walking over. Hes been gone for a month due to work.

" you look like crap Maya" Josh says. .

" Yeah well i call this look the ' single mother because her boyfriend was a jerk ' and i was up and down all night with my daughter who is teething" i reply.
" Shes yours?" Joshes mom asks.

" Um yeah she is" i reply.

" Maya, how did this happen? " Joshes dad asks.

" Uh the guy and i did it out of hurt. We, were both under the weather and we were both drinking that night. Her dad left when i was two months pregnant. I didn't tell him about her" i reply.

" Whats her name again Maya?" Shawn asks.

" Maci Topanga Matthews hart" i reply.

" How old is she?" Joshes dad asks.

" Shes seven months. I had her May, 17th.... She weighed Six pounds, three ounces , seventeen inches long" i reply.

" Josh! Your her dad aren't you! " his mother yells.

" Yeah i am" he replies.

" Shes your grand daughter. But, lets not talk about this now. I just want it behind me. It was a mistake but, i love this little girl a lot" i reply and stand up.

" Maci!!" Topanga yells and comes rushing over almost knocking me down and grabs Maci.

I laugh and throw my second coffee away. I grab my third and start drinking it.

" Maya! Lets dance!" Riley yells.

" ill skip this one. Go ahead" i say and they start dancing around the house.

I smile and think about the time i found out Maci was a girl.

* Flash back*

I get to the doctors and they call me back. I go in with Topanga, my mom, and Riley.

I lay down and the doctor puts the gel on my stomach. She, moves the wand around and looks at me.

" Do you want to know the gender?" she asks.

" Yes please " i reply.

" It looks like your having a girl. Shes, nice and healthy. " she replies.

" Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!" Riley says happily.

"yay, a little me"i say and look at everyone. I let a few tears fall.

* end of flash back*

I get up and run to Rileys room. I climb through the bay window and go a little down the stairs. I pull out a cigarette and light it.

I sit there smoking it and i feel someone coming up behind me.

" Is that how you want to spend your life? Is that how you want your Daughter to see you while growing up? " Shawn asks.

" I only do it once an awhile " i reply.

" Once and awhile can turn into everyday Maya. I know you love that little girl alot. I also know that you love Josh. You just don't want Maci to get hurt so, your acting like mommy bear. Let your guard down for awhile. I adopted you for a reason. Thats because, i love you and i believe in you Maya. Believe in Josh. He has a reason and you should listen to him. " he says and takes the cigarette out of my hand throwing it over.

We go inside and I grab Maci. I set her on the floor with her toys and take Josh into Riles room.

We, sit in the bay window and look at each other.

" so" I say.

" So..." he says.

" Sorry about last week. Seeing you made me upset and then when you mentioned Maci it hurt. I wanted too keep her away from you. " i reply.

" you had every right to be. I shouldn't of attacked you like that little ferret" he replies.

" Why did you leave?" i ask.

" Because, i didn't want to lead you on. I did it for you. But, if i knew you were pregnant i wouldn't of left. I missed you a lot Maya. I love you and i want to be in my daughters life. " he says.
" I love you too Josh" i reply and he kisses me.

I get up and go into the living room. Maci, looks at me and starts crawling to me. I gasp and pick her up squealing.

" She crawled!" i say excitedly.

In the corner of my eye i see Shawn taking my last coffee.

" Can i Maya?" he asks.

"yes" i reply.

" Hey!" Huckleberry and Mr. Matthews yell.

"oh shush it Ranger rick and Mr. Matthews " i say.

" Yeah okay" mr. Matthews replies.

" Wow short stack of pancakes has a attitude today" Ranger rick replies.

" You haven't seen anything yet" i reply.

I put the baby carrier on and head to star bucks. I feel a arm around me and its Josh.

We, grab six more coffees and head back.

Its dinner so, i sit down with it still on.

" can i Maya?" Joshes mom asks.

" Sure" i reply and take her out. I hand her to his mom. She starts crying and doesn't stop until she hands her back to me.

" Merry first Christmas Maci" my mom says.

After dinner its presents time.

I sit down with Maci and Josh sits me in his lap and then Maci on mine.

Lucas and Riley are in the bay window.

Topanga and Cory on the couch along with Joshes parents.

Auggie and Ava by the tree with Zay reading a Christmas story.

Farkle and Smackle by the tree with them.

We, all smile and open gifts.

Maci,got new outfits and shoes. I got some clothes and jewelry.

I then take Maci to Joshes hotel and we spend the night there.

Thoughts? Favorite part? Favorite line?