RBMS - 5

Chapter 5

I took one last glance at the house. I wouldn't be seeing this for 2 months. Then I'll be back for a few days and off again. Sighing, I took the last few steps to my car. I was right. My thoughts were right. Austin wouldn't come, he never gave a crap about me. He was never sorry since the beginning.

Back at the front door of my home, Erik was standing right there smiling, with our parents behind him. I raised my hand to wave one last good-bye, mom just smiled but then lost it and started sobbing into my dad's chest.

B, just wait for one more minute, I'm sure Aust will come. Erik sent to me through the mind link we had.

I shook my head at him, Life goes on.

He sighed and nodded, deciding not to argue with me, Bye baby sis, take care.

You too. I sent back as I climbed into my car, shoved the keys into the ignition and waited for it to 'warm up'.

"Call us!" I heard my dad shout out as I started driving slowly out of our big driveway.

I smiled at him through the mirror, and kept driving up, going through a few turns. I stopped and looked from left to right. About to go straight front, following the directions of my GPS navigation, a silver volvo went to a halt right in front of me, blocking my route.

I struck the owner of the silver volvo a glare, but instead of finding some random guy, I found Austin smiling a stressed smile at me.

Mate. Go to mate. Do not leave.

Shut up. I sent to my wolf.

"Bev, you didn't think you could just leave without saying a bye, did you?" he asked, as he got out of his car. Then pulled me out of my car.

"I didn't want to see you." I said as he pulled me into a hug. I struggled in his arms trying to get out.

Liar.

"My little liar." he said cockily, then his face turned serious. “No, Bev I'm serious, did you really plan on leaving for possibly four years and not even get in contact with me?"

"That's the plan."

His eyes started to turn dark but he let go of me and blinked a few times. I saw his face crumple for a second, then immediately he turned away.

Both of us just stood there in pure silence, and made no move. I looked down at my wrist, times up. If I don't get driving, I'll never get there in time.

"I've-"

"You have to go, I get it. Please just call when you can."

"I don't know..."

"Just agree for my sake right now, please?"

Just before I turned around to my car, I nodded. As he turned back for his car, with my wolf hearing, I heard him mumble "I'll see you in a year."

A year? What's happening in a year?

-Austin's Pov-

I played with the boxed jewellery in one hand and controlled the car with the other. She'd think I didn't care for her. She'd think I didn't love her. Shit, if she only knew why I broke her heart. How she doesn't know how my own heart crushed when I saw her face when I laughed.

B wait one more minute, I'm sure Aust will come. I heard Erik send to Bev through the mind link we all had.

He was right, I'll get there in time. I have to.

Life goes on. She replied, giving up.

Bye baby sis, take care.

I froze.

Shit. Erik, stall her for just a sec longer! I sent to him. And only him.

You too. Bev said. I sensed that she was getting ready to leave, so I drove faster. So fast that without my werewolf senses, I would've probably crashed.

When I came up to her road, I stepped on the pedal, and halted right in front of her driveway, hoping I wasn’t too late. I was blocking her route.

She glared at me, burning a hole through my heart. I just briefly smiled at her.

Get mate. Do not let her leave.

I sure hope so.

"Bev, you didn't think you could just leave without saying a bye, did you?" I heard, then slammed my hand over my mouth, just realizing what I had said.

I held out a hand and pulled her out of her car.

"I didn't want to see you," she said, as I pulled her into a hug. She pushed my arms away from her, but I kept my grip.

"My little liar," I whispered in her ears, sensing that she was fighting against shivering. “No, Bev I'm serious did you really plan on leaving for possibly four years and not even get in contact with me?"

"That's the plan."

Ouch.

I felt my eyes turn dark and I quickly let go of her. I turned away and blinked a few times.

Both of us just stood there in pure silence, and made no move. She looked down at her pale wrist, and nodded.

"I've-"

"You have to go, I get it. Please just call when you can."

"I don't know..."

"Just agree for my sake right now, please?" I pretty much was pleading now.

Just before she turned around to her car she nodded.

“A year, sweetheart, a year.” I said to myself softly as I turned to get back into my car. I fidgeted with the boxed bracelet in my pockets. This will have to be saved for another time. Perhaps I’ll give it to her next year, when I see her. When I meet her in the Uni.

- - -

Too late now, Aust. You lost your chances with her. Erik thought, sending it to me through the mind link.

Austin sweetheart, why didn’t you come and visit before Beverly left? Terrina asked.

I did, also you guys don't understand, I did all this to protect her. I mean why would I try to hurt her? Haven't I told you before that I liked her, Erik? I sent back.

Pain was filling my chest. I didn't want to her hurt her last week, but it was for her own good. People were after me. They were after my dad before, but now that I'm alpha… it's me they want, and they would try to harm the ones I love too. And Bev was one of them.

Protect her? You don't mean that bullshit other pack, do you? Cause really, I think Bev would've liked it more if you just told her about that instead of humiliating her. He stated.

Yeah, I kinda figured.

*to read the rest of the story, please advanced to amazon kindle and purchase the story for ebook for 2 dollars (prices vary depending on country) - link to american store on the side-*