RBMS - 2

Chapter 2

Remember how I mentioned that I was going to make some changes to myself? Yeah, well I’m not going to make a big handful of changes. I mean why give him the satisfaction of knowing I felt wounded? I mean, yes, there may still be the pained feeling in my chest, but there's no way in hell I’m going to change myself into one of those emo chicks-not that I’m against them- or the slutty barbies. Really, I need someone who loves me for who I am, not for my looks. Well technically, I think I already have the looks. Not to brag, I mean if my brother is so called god-like, then I think I should at least have half of that. Like c’mon, we’re related! It's the fact I choose to hang out with the 'not so cool' crowd that makes me unpopular; but of course I'm still technically popular because of Erik and his 'oh so hot' best friend; that I totally hate.

No you don't, and you never will. My wolf growled at me.

Oh really, want to bet?

You can't hate him. This is the strongest bond a couple could ever have, between him and us. Especially since he’s an alpha.

I refuse. He doesn’t deserve my love.

If he doesn't deserve our love, then to be honest, why did you give yourself a change? Was it not to make him lust after us? Was it not to make him fall for us?

Psh. Fall for us? As if, in a million years he will.

Sweetie, he'll love us sooner than you think. Or *coughs* now *coughs*.

You keep thinking that, bud. I'm set on not hearing from him, but I'm sure you'll kill me inside later when we see him, if I just avoid him.

You bet'cha I would.

Well we'll see who's wins then.

Don't fight against the bond Denise. Us and Austin belong together. We are mates! Should I spell it out for you? M-A-T-E-S. Mates. It stands for soulmates, making us meant for each other since birth.

I don't give.

Yes you d-

Groaning in frustration, I shut my wolf off. I don't understand how people could stand their wolves inside them. Clearly, I can't stand mine. I mean we are total opposites, never making the same decisions. Sometimes I just want to strangle her, but the problem would be in order to strangle her, I’d have to strangle myself, which would be quite stupid. Anyways, we are practically against each other. Or well, now we are… just because she wants to stick to Austin's wolf doesn't mean I want to, I mean, yoohoo! Whose body are we using here? Mine. Who's brain is technically controlling our movements? Mine.

---

           I run my fingers through my freshly dyed auburn coloured hair. Right now I was heading towards the tattoo shop, ready to get one on my wrist. Not many changes have been intended to be. It was just hair dying and a tattoo. A tattoo that projected my thoughts about love, a Never above a heart. Nervously taking in a deep breath, I pushed the doors of the shop open.

---

"Erik! Beverly! You two, we're home!" I heard a voice yell out from behind the door.

"Hey mama, hey dad." Erik said as I opened the door of my room, rubbing my eyes.

They’re back already? I thought they were supposed to be gone for another week. My parents tend to travel a lot; after dad left the beta position for Erik, he was technically free to enjoy life with my mom. Well, at least they got their fairytale ending, unlike me, who is highly unlikely to ever be mated and have kids with my own mate… not that I want to.