RBMS - 11

Chapter 11 

As to follow traditions, all of the bridesmaids and the maid of honor stays over at the bride's home the night before the wedding. Being there in the morning to help out each other and to help plan extras if needed. 

"Girls! Someone help me!" Jennifer's voice shouted, as we all stopped talking. 

I got up and charged down the stairs, peeking my head over the railing, there stood Austin who looked like he was about to puke any second. 

"Whoa there Mister, why are you here? Shouldn't you be with the rest of the guys?" I scolded at him, waving my finger around. 

He made a grab for my finger, and hushed me. 

Jennifer looked at the two of us in awe and told me to take care of him, while she goes to make food. 

"And I wonder who's going to have a nice hangover tomorrow." I giggled. 

He snickered, "Don't worry, I'll still look just as hands-" before he could finish his sentence, he dived for the washroom. 

That idiot. I walked over to the washroom slowly watching him kneel over the toilet. Few seconds later in came Jennifer holding a cup of water for him. 

"I hope my brother's in a better condition, 'cause I can totally imagine your sister screaming her head off when she sees his nasty face." 

Austin shook his head at me, "Not happening love, he's in a worse condition than me. We made sure he drank until he wouldn't even remember his own name." 

"You guys shouldn't even be drinking at all," I muttered shaking my head, as I rubbed my hand down his back. This poor guy is puking his guts out. 

"Hey. I'm fine. See?" he said, pointing at himself. 

"Uh no you're not. Now off to bed mister." I ordered, pulling him up. One tug and he got up, but another tug and he's off, on the ground again. 

"Austin Lane! Get off that fatass of yours and get to bed!" 

"Tone down a bit, would you! And don't tell me what to do! You're not my mother!" 

Oh, going there now? 

"Right, well I suppose I'm not that caring girlfriend either, so fine be it that way!" I yelled out stomping away back upstairs leaving him lying on the washroom floor. 

He knows better than to mess with me. Or he should, 'cause I do remember winning every argument and fight with him back then. Young or not. I was born a fighter. 

--- Next Day --- 

"Bev, would you please help me zip up?" Lara asked walking in the room holding her dress up. 

I made way to her, carefully making sure I wasn't stepping on anything, then helped her zip up. 

"Is the make-up artist downstairs?" I asked, walking around on the search for my nude coloured pumps. 

"Yeup," she chirped, skipping away twirling in her dress. 

Okay. Not the prettiest sight when the one twirling is pregnant. 

Hey! Lara pouted. 

What? It's true! 

A second later, she was back in the room. She pointed at me. "No. Just no. I look beauty-ful." 

I sighed and rolled my eyes at her. 

DingDong- 

"Dammit! You guys! The guys are here, and-and-and we're not ready yet! Shi-ooot!" Madi screamed out, running around panicking. 

"Okay girls, I'll help Lara and you girls stall the boys as they get wrecked, got it?" Mrs. Lane asked smiling. 

All of us who were now gathered together nodded, and headed down the stairs, holdings the railing for balance while putting our shoes on. 

Madi and my few other friends hobbled down the stairs, getting ready to open the door. 

DingDong- 

Impatient much. 

"Okay ready?" I asked the rest of the girls. 

They all nodded smiling devilishly. 

"Okay..." I chirped, trailing off as I opened the door. There stood all the groomsmen standing in front of my brother, but what else I noticed was Austin wasn't there. He was standing at the back, he looked like he hasn't gotten a minute of sleep last night at all. 

"Well, let's get this started, boys you're going to have to..." 

--- 

Watching our parents get all emotional this morning was something you don't see every day. Yet I wonder...will they be the same when I get shipped off to another family? Or more like I won't ever be off, not if my relationship with Austin doesn't work out. I mean technically yesterday I was just overreacting, then add to it he was drunk. Currently, guests were entering the hotel, smiling for pictures with the bride and groom as I sat at the reception with Austin. We just greeted people, but when we were alone, all there was, was silence. I can't stand it. 

"Bev, my attitude yesterday, I'm sorry. I was drunk...well I'm pretty sure I was and then I didn't think, please will you forgive me?" Austin asked out of the blue. 

I gave him a cold stare, as he twisted around uncomfortably. I plan on giving him a hard time for a while and to test him to his limits... 

"Uh...no." 

"B-but," he stuttered frowning. 

I was about to say something but I heard my uncle's voice soar through the air. 

"Ladies and gentleman, on behalf of the bride and groom along with their family, I'd like to thank you all for attending this this special dinner. Today we celebrate the day that only would happen once in a lifetime to my nephew and his loved one. Anyways let's invite the newly weds in!" 

Everyone applauded as my Uncle Dickson finished. I laid back into the chair, staring at the shining dim lights above me. There were about 20 of them across the top, each shining and creating a star when I spot them. I felt Austin's chair shift as he laid back just like me, to stare at the ceiling. 

"...I'd like to also welcome my best friend and my brother in here, right now and thank them because well without them, this whole event would've been a mess...so Denise and Austin!" I heard Lara's voice chirp. 

Everyone from the other room started applauding. 

"Oh crap," I muttered. "Austin!" I spoke loudly, tapping him. Tingles shot through me but I ignored it. Not the right time. 

"What?" he growled, still looking at the lights. 

"Gah!" I pulled him up and pushed him right in front of everyone's view. 

I quietly walked up behind him looking at everyone's bright smiles. I just smiled back as I saw Austin look at everyone like a young, lost boy. He's gotta stop daydreaming. I thwacked the back of his head, making him wake up. He quickly snapped out of his thoughts and glared at me, rubbing the back of his head, which in return got everyone to burst in laughter and finally turn back to their conversations. I was tempted to laugh but just shook my head and headed for one of the tables. Searching for the empty seat with my name on it, I finally found it through all the people. I sat down to hear my stomach growl, telling me that it's hungry and needs to be fed. 

"Denise!" Jennifer's voice chirped, happily speed-walking towards me. 

Today is probably the only day I'd let anyone call me Denise. Ugh. 

"What's up?" 

"Time to get started." 

I groaned and threw my head back. Can't I just eat and have fun? Gah. Thank god I only have one sibling.