RBMS - 10

Chapter 10 

"Beverly, stop, please!" Austin shouted as he chased me up the stairs. 

I ignored him and continued running. Right at this moment, we were at my house, and we've just came back from a party and dinner. The whole entire time, I was ignoring Austin and well he'd let it slide, but I guess he couldn't take it anymore. 

"Beverly, stop!" 

Once again, I just kept walking, ignoring him. 

"Ugh-Dammit. What Erik said wasn't true!" Austin yelled out, the sound of his footsteps stopping. 

I turned my head mid-way around. "Yeah, I figured it out like right after he said it." 

"Well-no, only half of it was a lie!" 

This time I stopped and turned my body one-eighty degrees around. "So you're saying it's not fully a lie?" 

He nodded to confirm my words. 

"Okay then...which part was the truth and which was the lie?" I asked, resting both of my hands on my hips. 

He thought for a sec, possibly debating his options in his mind. "Urrrm...never-mind, I change my mind, everything was a lie." 

I click-clacked down a few steps. "Now you're lying. Spill it, asshole, I'm tired of being completely clueless ." I spat pointing a finger to his chest. 

Some sparks went through us, and I felt his wolf stir inside him as his eye colour seemed to change. I ignored it completely, continuing to stare into his eyes. 

"I-I can't tell you. I just can't." 

"And why the hell not?! I deserve to know! Well...as long as it involves me!" I shouted completely frustrated. As soon as those words left my mouth, I started shaking him, like crazy. 

"It was to protect you!" 

"I'm pretty much as strong as you! Why the heck would I need you to protect me!" 

"Because there's a fucking pack out there who's after us!" he roared. "Oh fuck," he mumbled lastly. 

"A p-pack? Why would there be a pack after us? Austin, you're being ridiculous!" I shouted taking another step closer to him, while pulling him right up to me. 

"It's just this pack that's after us has been after the past alpha's in our pack-including my dad; their alpha wants to take lead over this pack. And for the past years, through my family blood line, and our packs, never once were our pack strong enough to defeat them completely. Also since they've never officially succeeded at finding and killing our alphas, they mainly attempt to capture/kill the alphas loved ones! It's just every time, each generation, we seem to get them before they get us, so all's safe, but Beverly I know I'm not strong enough! I would hate it for them to know how important you are to me. I just can't risk losing you." 

With that, I felt my face soften; my wolf crying in happiness for the fact that our mate never meant to hurt us at all, immediately forgiving him. I placed my right hand on his cheeks, caressing his face. I hate how I'm possibly the last one (out of the small group of us) to know about this, but at least all his doing was for me. 

"Aust, I honestly didn't know...I'm sorry for...everything." 

"I wasn't going to tell you...at all, and I'm sorry too." 

"Why not? I deserve to know why the only person I could possibly love in the world would've broken my heart. You and I both know that if you had told me ahead of time, I wouldn't have hated you! I wouldn't have left either!" I thought for a second. "No second thought, I hated you all my life, but that kind of hatred was different." I whispered, getting closer and closer to his face by second.