RBMS - 8

Chapter 8  

-Erik's Pov- 

Austin was laughing his ass off from my explanation of my black eye. 

"Okay bro, so you're saying," he stopped so he could laugh, "that the first thing my dad did when you guys told the 'rents the news was to punch you?" 

I nodded, then flinched at my reflection when I finally saw myself in the mirror for the first time today. Oh god, that's gonna leave a mark. My poor perfect face! "I suppose I would've done the same if I was Clarence...which reminds me, why aren't you beating the shit out of me for getting your baby sis pregnant?" I asked, backing away in case he chose to punch me right now. 

He stopped laughing and shook his head at me, "I know how I should, but I won't. I mean I'm happy for you guys, man. You're creating a family with your mate, whereas it's something I won't ever be able to do." 

I stood silent for a moment. I knew Austin really just had a 50/50 chance. My sister was one stubborn bitch. "I'm sure you'll get your chance to play prince charming and win back my sister one day." I assured him, not sure if I was actually lying. 

"I don't think Bev will let me do that," he muttered, a pained look creeping to his face again. 

I patted him on the back. "Why don't you just explain the whole story to her, I'm sure she'll forgive you then." 

He squeezed his eyes shut, shaking his head, "If she forgives me, she'll just get closer to me, then the other 'shall not be mentioned' pack will know she's important to me. Then they will go after her too...which reminds me, you know putting me as best man and her as the maid of honor isn't that great of an idea right? My natural instincts would be to win her back, or well my wolf would decide it's the perfect time to try to win her back, but to protect her I'll just have to fling her away again." 

Ah dammit. He was right. Why didn't I think of that earlier! Great, now there's a fucking big chance that my sister may be involved in this deep shit. 

Idiot. 

I glared at my best friend. 

"Whatever," he mumbled. "Anyways I have a feeling they plan on attacking sometime soon." 

"As in how soon? And how would you know?" 

"I don't know, a week. A month? A few months? And I just know, alright." 

"Ah geez, that totally explains when they will attack!" I replied sarcastically. 

He waved me off. "I'm going to call for a pack meeting and start getting our wolves to train." 

"And how are you going to do that without having my sister assist in the training?" 

To be honest the last few months when Bev wasn't here, training was chaotic. 

"Ummm, can't we just tell her our wolves need to be trained, without telling her the reason?" he asked seeing that his plan might not work out so well. 

"If you haven't noticed, you can't just keep all these things away from her, especially since this whole situation might revolve around her too," I stated. 

He shrugged. "If we don't tell her, she may be in trouble. If we do tell her, she may still be in trouble. So it's pretty much a lose-lose situation," Austin said, debating with himself. 

"Okay then, fine. Don't tell her. She would probably just hate you more if you don't tell her," I waved off walking away. Better stop Lara from making huge wedding plans. That girl. 

"Pack meeting at 7!" Austin yelled out after me. 

Rolling my eyes, I made an okay sign with my fingers. 

Smiling as I strolled to my room, I twisted the handle of the door, then as slowly as I possibly can, I pushed the door open, being careful in case my mate was just right on the other side. There was no way I would hurt her...or our baby. As soon as I turned around the door so I am actually in the room, I was attacked by my fiancée. 

"Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god! Erik, look at this dress! Don't you think it's perfect!?! It is. I know right!" Lara squealed as she jumped up and down. I watched her belly area jiggle as I tumbled backwards, landing on the floor with a thump. Great, there's going to be a bruise on my ass, but that was the least of my worries. Right now she was acting as if she was not pregnant. 

I moved a little and flinched as I tried rubbing the pain away. "Baby, stop jumping up and down, you're scaring me. And daaamn, my butt hurts now..." 

The evil monster of mine giggled, "Whoops." 

"No sorry?" I asked, wrapping my arms around her waist, as soon as I got up. 

"Nope." she replied, kissing my cheeks. 

I'm not taking it. I pulled her head closer to mine, and brought her lips to mine. She smiled against my lips and pulled away. Awh, hell no. I growled and pulled her into a deeper kiss, this time not letting her go. After about nearly a minute, I pulled back. We may be able to hold back and not have to take a breath for a longer period time than regular humans, but I'm not like supernatural. 

"Why not?" I growled at her, making her giggle again. 

"Cause," she said breathless. 

"Babe, are you looking for some punishment here?" 

She shook her head, "Nah, not today...but I really want to show you this dress I got today." 

"What is the dress for?" I asked as I pulled her near our bed. Standing up was not something that sticks to my rules of laziness. 

"Grad," she answered proudly looking like a child. No. My angel. 

"Don't you want to keep it a surprise? Like surprise me that day, or something like that?" 

She took a minute to think about it, "Yeah, you're right. You're just going to have to wait till that day to see...not that you won't see it in my closet." 

"All right then. Anyways, my little soon-to-be wife, have you gone overboard with the wedding plans yet?" I asked as I tickled her sides. 

She was extremely ticklish. I found that out when I was about to throw her into our pool last year. 

"Uhh...kinda?" She answered, with a flushed face as she giggled. 

"Thought I told you to try not to make this whole ceremony really extreme." I scolded at her playfully. 

She started stuttering, "U-uum...u-uh-uhh...y-you know, a girl would only have one marriage. Or so it is for our kind. So I just want it perfect..." 

"Just so you know, if you do decide to marry others, whichever men would be dead as soon as I find them." 

She shook her head laughing, "Well, I'll just save you all that trouble." 

Not soon after she said that, she closed the distance between us.