Chapter 17: Illusion

My hands shook as I handed over the coffee. 

  I must've misheard him. I thought.

  The man smirked. "Thanks, sweet cheeks. Tell your boyfriend I said hello."

  His voice was Jack's.

  And with that, he was gone. He walked nonchalantly out of the cafe, a ten dollar bill laying on the counter in front of me.

  There exists situations in which someone feels so many sadistic thoughts that one single one does not-can not-stand out. I was so angry that I wanted rip him to shreds right then and there. Of course, considering the location, I most likely would've been fired.

  "I could've moved to Britain. But no, I had to come here." I murmured, scowling. "Could've found one of those cute British boys, everyone just loves their accents.."

  "What are you mumbling about over there?" a male voice said, chuckling.

  I blew a strand of blue out of my face. "Shush, skater boy."

  Al held a hand to his chest, feigning hurt. "Harsh."

  "Savage."

  Al hummed.

  Two men walked through the door. Upon closer inspection, there was a little girl riding on the larger male's back.

  "Coffee girl." the smaller guy acknowledged, his mop of green hair flopping to the side as he ran his fingers through it.

  "Yes, my prince in shining converses?" I asked sarcastically, looking up. Mark smiled. 
  "Whatever, I brought these two with me." Jack remarked, nodding to Mark and Bella, who waved in sync.

  I waved back.

  (TIME SKIP)
  "Jack, I need to talk to you." I hissed.

  Jack frowned, but motioned for Mark to stay with Bella and followed me into a hall.

  "I don't know who exactly...or how he was here, but it was you, except it wasn't. Like the shadowy version of you, and--"

  "Snow, calm down!" he said, pushing his hands out. "Who was here? They looked like me?"

  I gripped my hair. "I must be going crazy, I saw someone. Well, I saw his hand, his face was covered, and his skin...it was grey. And he...he told me to say hi to you for him. His voice was yours. It's gotta be him."

  "You aren't going crazy. Are you sure? Maybe he just sounded like me."

  "That wouldn't explain how he knew us, or his skin!"

  "Ok, ok, you're right." he said, keeping his hands up defensively. "So, if it was that..thing, why was it here? Why now? Why when we're awake?"

  "I don't know!" I exclaimed, pinching the bridge of my nose. "I don't know, but I hate that it's enjoying this."

  "Enjoying what?"

  "That he's making me mad. The bastard..."