Chapter 6: Mirror Mirror.

Or did I....?

I remember "waking up" in complete darkness. I couldn't tell whether I was outside or just in a very large drafty room.

It was so much worse than just being in the dark alone. It was constricting, claustrophobic, and it seemed like it was choking me, killing me slowly.

I stood up, and tried to walk around. I failed, running right into a wall that didn't appear to exist, except I had just felt it.

Confused, I pounded my fist on the wall. My hand connected with something cold. It felt and seemed like it could be glass, but it was way too strong to be just that. Or maybe I was just too weak.

"I.." I jumped back, startled by my own voice. The complete and utter silence left my voice loud and clear in the darkness.

I tried to back up, and failed. I bumped into another wall, similar to the one in front of me.

I stood in the center of whatever I was trapped in, and held out my arms. My fingertips grazed a cold surface.

"Am I...trapped here?" I muttered to myself. I knocked on part of the solid bubble, and a square mirror shimmered into view. It reflected my face covered in perfect makeup.  My hair was curled gorgeously, framing my face. I wore an amazing Victorian dress that was fit for a queen.

I frowned, and watched as my mirror image...didn't. She kept on smiling, showing off her pearly whites. And then, she sang.

"I'll keep quiet, you won't even know I'm here, you won't suspect a thing, you won't see me in the mirror.."

The beautiful girl in the mirror changed into just me. No makeup, my hair slightly wavy and ratty. A band T-shirt and knee length shorts.

"I crept into your heart, you can't make me disappear until I make you...." the girl in the mirror now looked more like me, but there was still something off about the reflection.

She cocked her head to the side, changing once more. Her skin turned the color of ash, a sickly shade of grey. Her eyes weren't mine anymore, they were as bright and as red as hot coals.

My mirror image began to....climb. She grabbed at the outside edges of the looking glass and launched herself out at me.

I tried to dodge out of the way in our confined space, but she was too quick. She grabbed hold of my shoulder and tackled me to the ground, trying to claw at my face and throat.

She continued in my voice. "I'll be here when you think you're all alone, seeping through the cracks, I'm the poison in your bones."

She feigned disinterest in me for a moment, studying her long, grotesque fingernails. "My love is your disease, and I won't let him set you free, until I break you!" she hissed at me, trying again to slash at my neck.

She nearly decapitated me many times before I finally threw her off of me.

The demonic girl slammed against the wall and slid down until she was on her knees, like she was sitting on her ankles.

She put her face in her hands and began sobbing violently, like I had that evening.

Another "person" with ashen skin and lava-colored eyes appeared in front of her, and hugged her tight. My dark mirror image stopped crying for a moment and grinned up at me wickedly. "Weakling. Can't even get through one day without breaking down, can you?" she taunted.

"Stop!" I snapped.

The male demon glared up at me. "Weakling. Can't even care for yourself. You can't support yourself, you can't help yourself, and you can't free yourself from a tiny bubble."