Chapter Three: A Scream a Camera and a Walk in the Rain

(The next morning)

   "-AAAAAPPY WHEEEEEELS!!!!!!" a muffled scream jolted me awake. I shot bolt upright, and almost screamed as loud as whoever was shouting.

  I grabbed a granola bar as my breakfast, wolfing it down before rushing to my closet.

  I hurriedly threw on a T-shirt with a brofist on it, one of my favorite shirts, and light blue jeans. I pulled on my leather boots, and walked out the door. For Ireland, it was a strangely gorgeous day out. The sun was shining, with small cumulus clouds drifting aimlessly through the sky, like lost pets. It was warm, but not hot. The grass was still wet with morning dew, and the trees leaves shimmered in the morning sunlight.

  I pulled myself away from the beauty, and looked over at the beige house a short walk away.

  I still couldn't get Jack out of my head, for some reason. He had just come across as a normal guy, but for some reason, I just kept thinking back to what happened yesterday. I wondered what had happened to little Bella. I guess we both assumed the police officer would put her.....somewhere. An orphanage, maybe.

  I knocked on his pearl white door. I heard a click, and shuffling getting closer to the door.

  The door opened, and there was Jack, looking slightly annoyed, but that disappeared when he saw me.

  "Um, hi. I just wondered..." I started, wringing my hands and looking at my feet for a minute. Thanks, lack of human interaction, I thought.

  "I heard a scream, and I just wondered if it was you or if something really bad happened to someone nearby or if-"

  "Oh, um, yeah, that was me. Sorry if I scared you. I was recording, actually." he mumbled. He must be shy too. Small world. I thought to myself.

  "Recording? Like, for YouTube?" I asked.

  "Uh, yeah. If you heard a beep or a click, that was just my camera, I turned it off when you knocked." he said, gesturing behind him, where I saw a huge setup of wires, cameras, lights, and mattresses placed on the walls.

  "Oh, did I interrupt you? Sorry, I'll leave. I just wondered if anything was wrong. I'm really sorry." I said quickly.

  "Oh no, it's fine. I was only a minute or so in, I can just start over." he said, clearly uncomfortable, judging from the way he tapped his fingertips together and moved his feet. He had a lot of nervous energy.

  I smirked at him, I couldn't help it. "Not a social butterfly, are you?" I said.

  Jack's face flushed a bright shade of red. "I do YouTube as a job, social interaction isn't really a must, thank God." he said, his shoulders relaxing a little. "I like your shirt, by the way."

  I looked down. "Thanks, I do too. I'm not the best with talking either, really. I was always that weird emo girl in school, so I didn't have to talk to anyone." I said, chuckling a small bit.

  "Really? You don't seem like that." Jack said, no longer as tense. He wasn't fidgeting anymore, rather he had put his hands in the pockets of his jeans.

  "I have my days.." I said quietly, staring out at the field a little ways off.

  After a moment, I looked down at my feet, then back at Jack. "But, I'm glad everyone's ok. You scared me for a minute." I said, laughing.

  "Yeah, sorry. That's really sweet of you to come over and see if everything was fine, though. Thanks." he said. "I, uh..." he murmured, fidgeting his feet again, pulling his fingers out of his jean pockets and tapping them against his thighs.