Chapter 12: Soulmate

It took a moment for my eyes to adjust to the darkness of....wherever I was.
I stood up carefully, stumbling a little before catching myself.
Walking forward, I bumped into some kind of glass surface. The memory seemed familiar, and I didn't like it.
"This again?" My voice rang out into the empty silence.
"I'll be here, when you think you're all alone..." a voice scarily similar to my own chimed.
"No." I muttered.
A figure appeared, a mirror image of me.
I took my chance while I could see it, and reeled back my fist.
I flung my fist in her direction, hitting her square in the nose.
She wailed in pain, clutching her face.
Shaking out my fist, I spat angrily, "SHUT THE FUCK UP."
My mirror image recovered, an idiotic smirk plastered onto her gray face. "Yes, use your anger and use your rage! Take out everything on yourself." She tutted.
  I tackled her to the ground, my nails digging into her ashen skin. "I said, shut the fuck up! I'm sick and tired of you and your bullshit, and if I want to make you be quiet, I'm damn well sure gonna!" I yelled.
  My image snickered, disappearing from right underneath me.
  Confused, I glanced behind me, to see her standing there, looking cockily triumphant.
  "Blind rage will only cause you to hurt yourself, and the ones you love."
  I snarled, launching myself toward her, only to watch her phase out of existence once again. "If you're really part of me, you'd know that all the people I loved are dead!"
  "Really, now? Is that so?" she asked, coming up beside me and feigning a look of disappointment.
  Someone else came into existence. At first I couldn't recognize the subject, but it soon became much clearer.
"Snow?" Jack asked incredulously.
"Jack!?" I asked in return, matching his tone. I felt my heart drop. What was she going to do to him..?
"Wait..no, this is like, a dream, right? No one here is real." said what looked like Jack.
  "What? Why are you...why are you saying this is a dream? If he's part of my dream, why is he acting like I'm in his dream?" I asked, turning to my mirror image.
  She only smirked as yet another person entered the little bubble. At least it was larger than last time.
The new person looked like a darker version of Jack.
Before I could process exactly what was happening, the dark figure lunged at my throat and tackled me down, holding my wrists down at my sides with impressive force.
  "Get off me!" I yelled, trying to use my feet to throw him off of me. He licked his lips and began to slowly press his pelvis into my own.
  What I assumed was Jack—my head swam at my attempts to understand how it was possible that we were both here in the same dream—dashed to my side and pushed his mirror image away from me with strength that still surprised me.
  "I don't care if she's real or not, you're not hurting her!" he said harshly, his tone stricter than I had ever heard it. His muscles tensed, like he was preparing to fight.
I rubbed my wrists, large purple bruises forming on them.
Is this....actually Jack?
"Sam looks like a little sperm." I said quietly, waiting for a response as my answer.
Jack immediately whipped around. "SAM IS THE CUTEST LITTLE EYEBALL! HE IS NOT A SPERM!" he yelled.
I sighed.
Yeah, it's him.
"That's definitely you, all right."
  Jack's face went blank, presumably in a mixture of shock and happiness.
  He reached out a finger and poked me on the tip of my nose. "I love you."
  I felt my face burn bright red. "Um...I, uh.."
  "Ok, so you're real. You in a dream would've dramatically proposed or something." he relented, giggling.
  A low growling sound emanated from the dark figure that looked just like Jack, save for demonic eyes and gray skin.
  My image appeared beside him. "Everyone you've ever loved is dead? That sounds like quite a ludicrous statement to me."
  The dark version of Jack grabbed the real one by the collar of this shirt and lifted him off his feet, growing nearly a foot taller as he did.
  "However your statement can truly be arranged right now, if you so desire." she said with a smile that could've scared away the devil.
  "Put him down, NOW." I commanded, my blood boiling.
  Jack's darker image glared at me. "Why should I? What are you going to do about it?"
  Jack remained silent, his body stiff.
  "Maybe I should....raise the stakes." he muttered, letting go of Jack's shirt, instead grabbing him around the throat.
  I clenched my fists tightly, my knuckles white as milk.
  I would've clenched them tighter, but I found something in my hands.
Two sharp cutting knives.
  Something inside me loved the feeling of blades in my hands.
  Without even thinking about doing it, I flew at the darker Jack and sliced at his calves.
  Black fluid poured out of his legs as the demon cried out in pain and anger. Normally I hated hearing anyone in pain, but now...
The joy I felt was indescribable.
  Jack fell onto his knees from the demon's grasp.
  The look on my damned image's face was a disturbing mixture of absolute shock, terror, and pleasure. She disappeared from sight in half an instant.
People say they when they're angry, they see red. My vision began to be tinted the colour of fresh blood.
  I chuckled maniacally as I slashed at the demon who had grabbed Jack. It was obvious that he was desperately trying to fight back, but he didn't stand a chance.
  For some strange reason, I pictured what would've been left of my motherfucker of a dad in the demon. Maybe because that fueled my rage even more. Maybe because he hurt someone I loved.
Someone I'm friends with, I corrected myself mentally.
I thought about that for a second. No, I think it's someone I love.
  The darker image of him fell flat on his back on the cold floor of what seemed to be dark grey rock, or limestone, perhaps.
  I held the blade over him and cut all over his body. His arms, legs, torso, face, chest, everything. His ink-like blood spewed out of his open wounds and onto me as I stabbed at him wildly.
I derived from this a feeling of insane euphoria that I had never felt before now. Insatiable bloodlust, murderous instinct, all that were lurking inside me.
"S-Snow?" a voice asked weakly, in what seemed like a pleading tone.
I turned to a young man backed up against a glass wall in fear, his piercing blue eyes wide.
"He needs to suffer." I said.
After a moment, Jack stood up slowly, and began to walk toward me, my kneeling form bent over the dying physical form of his "dark side".

(Jack's POV)
There was what looked like black blood splattered on her pale skin. Her pretty brown hair was dreadfully tangled and matted with the liquid. She looked awful.
But worse than anything she could've looked like, was what she was doing. The knives in her hands just looked wrong, especially in the hands of someone like her.
Looking at her eyes closer, I saw that they weren't green, like how they were when she was angry.
They were a dark hazel-chartreuse color, but they were mostly dark blue. She was sad, and terrified, but not angry.
"Why are you doing this?" I asked her quietly.
Her eyes studied me again like how she had that night, like I was some sort of science specimen. Like she could rip me open and tinker around to find out how I functioned.
"He needs to suffer." she repeated. "He could've killed you."
"Why are you so scared, and sad?"
Her face went blank for a minute, like she was pondering herself why she was.
"I..."
She dropped the knives, the cold metal clattering loudly against the floor.
"You're all I have left. If I couldn't stop my father from killing Mom, then I would stop whatever that is-" she gestured to the unconscious demonic entity lying at her feet. "-from killing you."
Her shoulders slumped as she gazed down, not meeting my eyes.
I squatted down, and held out my hand. "I think we've both had enough nightmares for now, Snow."
She thankfully took my hand and stood up to face me. "Would....would you be mad if I hugged you right now?"
I laughed, opening my arms.
Before I could say anything, I felt another body collide with mine and two small arms wrap around me.
I chuckled, wrapping my arms around her. I've always been told I give good hugs.
She finally looked me in the eye again. Now her eyes were their normal beautiful blend of everything.
My heart skipped a beat.
God, she's gorgeous.
"So, um..." I muttered nervously. Should I really ask her now? She'll probably say no, anyway.
"We met a few months ago, and I guess we've gotten to know each other a lot, right?"
Snow pulled back slowly from the embrace, nodding slightly. She was grinning.
"And, I kind of....really like you. I know you're probably super upset right now, but I know if I can make you happy, I'll try my best!" I shouted. She laughed at my enthusiasm.
"So...Snow, will you be my.....my girlfriend?" I asked, feeling my face heat up immensely.
The shorter girl stood on the balls of her feet and kissed me lightly on the forehead.
My face actually burst into flames.
"Yes. Yes I will. Jack will you be my boyfriend?" she asked shyly.
Out of instinct, I pecked her on the cheek.
"Yes. Yes I will."

(Snow's POV)
"SNOW!!!" a young voice screamed. I shot upright in my bed and hopped out, running toward the kitchen.
"Bella!?" I asked frantically.
  From the kitchen counter, the small girl peered over at me. "Good, you're up. Why are you blushing?"
Jack asked me....was it just a dream?
I looked down at my wrists. Dark purple bruises were all over them.
"I don't know, maybe it's just hot in my room." I said casually. "Want breakfast?"
After pouring Fruit Loops, which was a strange new concept to Bella, who had been on the streets most of her life, in a bowl for her, I walked back into my bedroom and grabbed my phone from the charger.
I found a few texts.
J: hey
J: random question, but are your wrists bruised by any chance?
I texted back immediately, as the messages were from only a minute or two ago.
S: yeah, is your neck alright?
I received an immediate response.
J: ok, so I'm not crazy. Yeah, it's just kind of bruised and sore as hell. We'll talk about it later, I've got to go record with a turtleneck on or some shit :p
S: lol alright have fun with that, bye ;)
J: bye ^-^
I set my phone down and walked out into the kitchen briefly. "I'm going to get a shower, don't break or kill anything please." I said.
Bella giggled and nodded, hand on her heart. "I solemnly swear that I'll be up to no good."
I saluted her, marching off to the bathroom.
Today is going to be a very weird day. I thought.

(Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this part! I apologize for the inconsistency of chapters, shit just gets in the way a bunch. Also, in my time zone, it's technically Jack's birthday! Happy I'm Closer To Thirty Than Twenty Day! :D No but Jack will never be older than four mentally. Unless something serious comes up, then he'll be a super mature and serious role model because some people are like that. Lol I actually switch between making dick jokes and seriously talking about suicide in like three seconds too so I guess I'm no better.
Anyway, thank you guys so much for staying here with me, I really do appreciate it and I love all of you to bits and I always will. Nothing will ever change that, I promise. So, I'll see you guys in the next chapter! Buh-Bye! :D ~Light)