HASHTAG // FORTY-FOUR: #HardAndFast

Hashtag // Forty-Four: #HardAndFast

Avery's POV

"What about it?" Matapang kong tanong sa kanya. I should learn to accept the thing he's going to tell me. If it'll make me happy, then so be it. If it will make me broken, then I'll gladly welcome the pain.

Brace yourself, Avery.

"She's just acting as my girlfriend, Av." Raven said and that made my jaw drop. After all my suspicions, heartbreaks and dramas in life, in the end they're just acting as a couple?!

"What?"

Raven exhaled and held my hand. "You know I'm a doctor right? We became friends because I am the one in-charged for her child, Xian. Until now we are still treating him. He has a brain tumor."

"Ano? So hindi mo anak si Xian?" Nagkamali na naman ako ng akala. But what? Katherine's son has a brain tumor?

"What? No, Avery. Wala pa akong anak." Natatawang sabi ng doktor na to. "Wala pa tayong anak." Dugtong niya.

"Shut up, and continue what you were saying, idiot." Nakairap na sabi ko kahit namumula na ako.

"I am her child's doctor for almost a year that's why medyo naging close kami. We get along really well for the past year, and also she's fun to be with."

"Wala ba siyang asawa?" I asked, curiously.

"The father of her child left her." He simply said. I nodded. Stupid guy, mambubuntis tapos mang-iiwan. Who's gay now? Minsan mas lalaki pa sa lalaki ang bakla.

"Okay naman kami. I got really close to her son, I also visit him in their house, checking him up. Katherine and I are getting really close like she became my best buddy when you..." He looked at my hand which he was playing now. "You know.. when you left."

I swallowed a lump in my throat. I know, Rave. I know. And I understand.

"When you came back, I thought we will not be seeing each other again but thanks to my friend. The other client doctor you had, said that you're a good architect so I immediately got the opportunity to meet you again. At first I thought you don't want me anymore. So I asked Katherine to act as my girlfriend. She then agreed."

Hindi ako makapaniwala sa sinabi niya.

"That's unfair Raven. Mali na ginamit mo siya. You know that." Kahit ako, parang ang dating kasi ginamit ka lang and what do you think you will get in return? Wala.

So why did she agree to do it? Hibang na ba siya?

He nodded. "Yes, I know. But I had no choice kundi ang pagselosin ka!"

He really thinks that way? I gasped. Did Raven love me that much that he can afford to use other people to find his way? Natahimik ako. Mali kasi iyon sa aking pananaw.

He continued. "At first it's good, we were good. But I never thought we'd have a problem.." Raven said. His tone and face was serious.

"What problem is that Raven?"

"I never thought she would love me more than a friend. She loves me now, Avery. And she doesn't want to let go of me anymore. Especially now Xian got attached to me and started imagining me as his father."

Hindi ako nakapagsalita ng ilang sandali matapos sabihin iyon. I remained looking at the floor, not wanting to look him in the eye.

He cupped my chin, and made me look at him.

"Avery, I love you." He sighed. "I am still deeply in love with you." Seryosong sabi ni Raven habang nakatingin sa aking mga mata. I know he loves me. Nakikita ko iyon sa paraan ng pagkakatitig niya sa aking mata.