chapter seventeen (and a half)

[Published on June 26th, 2016]

-Year Twelve, May 3rd, Ring Shopping-

"William, I know the past between us hasn't been the best..." Chance started, his hand that gripped his cellphone shaking as he stared out onto the city street. "But I need you to come to the jewelry store in town. I can't pick out a ring."

He hadn't talked to William without Eliza present in centuries, and yet here he was, asking his hopefully soon-to-be fiance's best friend and ex-boyfriend to help him shop for rings.

"Why don't you ask Kendall?" William's muffled voice asked into the phone. Chance knew that he wouldn't want to help him, but in his mind he was convinced that his somewhat rival type acquaintance would help him for Eliza's sake.

"Around me, Kendall keeps...never mind that. I just need you, okay?" At this, William finally agreed to meet him in town within the next hour, and he was able to hang up the phone. How was Chance supposed to explain to anyone how Kendall acted around him? It made him uncomfortable, but he was sure that he was just looking at it in all the wrong ways. 

He wasn't sure when he was going to propose, but he wanted it to be as perfect as she was. 

A.n.

Until the end of the novel I've decided to continue adding these super short half chapters! From here on out they will follow Chance instead of Eliza and blah blah blah.

You know the drill.