chapter sixteen (and a half)

[Published on June 17th, 2016]

-Years Ten-Fourteen, In which their love is described-

If anything was perfect in this world, Eliza was certain that it was Chance Stevens. He was everything beautiful and pure in the world combined into one human being.

And maybe that was why it hurt her so much when he made a single mistake.

That one mistake that crumbled everything that they had built and everything that he had promised her in the future. The mistake that drove her into another man's arms.

But while their bad moments were there towards the end of their run, that shouldn't be focused on all of the time. For in a few months and a few years, Eliza had been given the entire world in the form of a boy who couldn't even smile correctly.

Eliza found happiness in a boy. Her father had always warned her about storing her happiness inside of another person, but that was exactly what she had done. She thought she could trust him, and so she did.

Falling in love with Chance Stevens happened fast, and it was beautiful. It consisted of picnics in the park and of late night strolls throughout the small town they shared. Their love was picture perfect kisses in front of a snowy backdrop. The love they shared was a movie screen filled with dances in the rain and pizza dates in front of a fireplace.

His mother loved her, and her father loved him. His father stayed away after she had intervened, and Ms.Stevens had forgiven both of them for their meddling.

They had gotten an apartment together. They planned to get a cat. Everything Eliza had pictured in her mind came true, and she no longer believed that fate was not part of the equation of life. If it was not everything, as free will definitely still played a part, fate was just another actor in the great scenes of her life.

It was as if her entire life she had a 499 piece puzzle game, and suddenly in a giant hole in the middle of a crappy park she had found the 500th piece that belonged in the middle. The final piece to complete what she thought was already finished.

She was opened to a world of possibilities and imagination.

They grew and excelled. They laughed and challenged one another daily.

He had even proposed to her in such a Chance-way that she could never say no.

Their love was everything true love was made out to be, until it wasn't.

A.n.

So, I've decided to not write about the actual portion of their relationship. Because this book was meant to be short and span about 20-or-so years, I feel as if it would be almost boring to write 30 something chapters about repetitive dates and such. As time goes on in might add bonus chapters and such after the book concludes, and of course I've already stated a spinoff will focus around their future child, so I promise it'll all be okay. And I hope you're ready for everything to fall apart.