Chapter Fourteen | Deliberation

“You are lucky; His Majesty didn’t do anything to you. What were you thinking?” James barked at Daniel.

Sebastian glared at Daniel, with a blazing fire burning within him. “You’re lucky Lyra was there to save you. Who knows what His Majesty would’ve done if it wasn’t for her.”

“I didn’t know it was him!” Daniel defended.

Prince Brendan and I were pressed our ears against the door of his study and listened in carefully to the conversation. Since Prince Brendan was facing me, I was stuck with his smug face staring straight into my eyes.

I quickly hissed, “Stop looking at me.”

“I have nowhere to look but at you.”

I rolled my eyes. “Just listen to the conversation.”

After Prince Brendan was done assaulting my lips, he smiled, took my hand and led me to where the boys, Julian and Daniel were waiting. Only he wanted to see what was going on before he made any decision. I’m still stunned at the Prince. I don’t know whether to feel angry or to feel blissful due to the fact that my first kissed was filled with fiery passion.

I shook my head and listened into the conversation. It seems like the five of the Demori boys seated Daniel down and now they’re all interrogating him.

“That’s a complete lie. You knew it was the Prince.” Alex jumped in. “Are you trying to accomplish something? Do you think striking the Prince will get you anywhere?”

“He will kill you!” Marcus taunted but maintaining a serious tone.

“Marcus.” Julian said.

“Sorry.”

“We witnessed the whole thing. Now why don’t you tell us why you hit the Prince in the first place?” Julian suggested, trying to play the mediator.

My eyes light up. I, finally, was going to find out the reason why this blew up. I smiled and looked to Prince Brendan and poked my tongue at him.

“One way or another, I was bound to find out.” I quickly held.

“Then I’ll tell my version first, before he twists the story.” Prince Brendan shook his head in disbelief.

Prince Brendan, back to his old state, pushed me aside full forcefully and opened the double wooden doors. “Not so fast, mongrel.”

Daniel shot up to his feet, “You’re Majesty!”

“Before we tell anyone what happened between the both of us. I want you to apologise.”

Daniel’s ruffled jet black hair had set an image in my mind. He was petrified. And he couldn’t do anything to please Prince Brendan without stepping out of line. Prince Brendan gestured me to come in and close the doors behind me.

You could hear the strain in Daniel’s voice, “You’re Majesty. I am truly sorry for my actions, I am deeply and utterly ashamed of what I have done and I-”

The Prince jaw opened, puzzled as ever stopped him. “Not to me you blithering idiot, to Lyra. Apologise to Lyra.”

To me? Why to me? I cocked my head to the side and look to Prince Brendan. What are you talking about? Daniel avoided my eyes and fumbled around with the material of his mask.

“Look at her.” Sebastian ordered, assisting Prince Brendan.

Daniel shot his eyes straight to me, “I’m sorry for everything I said. And I hope you can forgive me. I didn’t mean to say it.”