Chapter Eleven | Indenture

I am feeling fantastic. Are you feeling fantastic? I don't know...maybe because I witnessed the most performance from EXO!.

And may I add that this might be the last chapter for now.... *INSERT SAD/SHOCK FACE* As I said, my Prelims are coming up and I have to study...like the rest of the kids in Australia. BOO....

Now some readers have been asking me if the Prince is telepathic, or it there's magic in this story. Answer is...no there is NO magic in this book nor is Prince Brendan telepathic. The Prince is just really cocky so he's just says it how it is and he knows what people will say, it's like second nature to him...being rude and sassy.

This picture on the side is what I imagined Lyra's Father, Mamma and Julian would look like.

==========================================================

"You need to sign this." I hollered, throwing the piece of paper towards him.

It didn't take me that long to conquer of a contract, the rules were simple; if the Prince respects me then in return I will respect him. No attachments. Nothing.?

Prince Brendan leaned forward on his table, "I don't need to sign anything."

Crossing my arms in a quick motion, I walked to the side of his study table and leaned against the wood, "Do you want me to tell people you can't dance?"

The Prince's smile disappeared. Swallowing down his pride, he answered me; "No."

Satisfied with his answer, I motioned the contract by tapping on the piece of paper, "Then sign it. And my lips are sealed."

Arching his left eyebrow, Prince Brendan dunked his quill in his ink bottle and signed his named, branding the bottom page with the Royal Family Crest. I didn't know whether to feel happy or confused. Prince Brendan didn't even read over the contract. For all he knew, he could be signing over his soul. Not that I want his soul...no one would enjoy that.

With the hot red wax quickly hardening, the Prince scrolled the contract and threw it at me but it was too late for me to dodge it. Within a few seconds the scroll hit me, square in the face.

"What was that for?"

The Prince scoffed in anger, "For blackmailing me."

"I did not black mail you, you're Majesty." I giggled in delight.

"What's so funny?"

"I am laughing because you think I'm blackmailing you but I'm not. It's just a little leverage I have over you and another thing..." I held my breath, "you didn't even read the contract that I made."

"So..." the Prince asked, shrugging his shoulders.

"You could've signed over your fortune for all you know. But you wouldn't know because you did not read it!" I explained.

Prince Brendan shrugged once again, only this time the shrugged was deeper and after doing so, the Prince slumped further into his chair. Fantastic, here I am trying to teach him, and all he's doing is shrugging.

"Are you trying to teach me something?" the Prince mocked.

My heated stature didn't faze me. I crouched down to pick up the contract. Keeping my eyes connect to the Prince; I reopened the scroll and read out loud.

"I, Prince Brendan Theodorian, promise to listen and do as I'm told under the care of Miss Lyra Demori."

The Prince's shocked expression gave it away, he repositioned himself and protested, "I did not agree to that."