Cassy's Birthday! (published after completing)

I'm sure most of you have already removed the stories from your library but if any of you still have it saved somewhere and happen to read this then be sure to understand that I haven't changed my decision of not writing a third book. But I wrote this chapter a while back and wanted to share it with you all.

I know it's nothing special but I hope you like it :)

It's Cassy's birthday! 15 June!

~

I wake up to find the other side of the bed empty. Rose's crib is also empty, frowning I get up and walk into the bathroom to get ready for the day. By the time I've finished getting dressed my stomach is rumbling.

I walk down to the dining room to find it empty. There is not even a butler in sight.

Sighing, I start to walk out when Anna appears in the doorway.

"Good morning." She greets me, cheerfully.

"Morning." I cross my arms over my chest. "Where's William?"

"He left for the offices." She tells me, shifting the folder she's holding from one hand to the other.

"Oh! But where's Rose?" I ask.

"He took her with him." She tells me, walking away.

"Oh! Wait...What?!" I exclaim, hurrying after her.

"He took her with him." She repeats, climbing the stairs to her office.

"Weird." I mutter to myself.

I start to walk to the kitchen when a guard stops me. "Ma'am you need to come with me."

"Where?" I ask, frowning.

"This was the order I was given." He tells me.

"By whom?" I ask.

"I'm sorry ma'am. I can't give any more details." He says.

"Fine. Give me a minute. Have a car ready, in case I have to go." I tell him, pulling out my phone and walking into the living room.

I dial Helen's number and wait for her to pick up.

"Hey! Good morning." She says cheerfully. I can hear Sarah talking the background.

"Hi! Do I have anything scheduled for this morning?" I ask, sitting down on a couch.

"Not that I know of." She replies.

"Alright. Thanks." I end the call before she can say anything else.

Next I dial the only other person I can think of. But William doesn't pick up, so I sigh, moving to the entrance. The guard is waiting for me.

"Let's go." I tell him, getting into the car.

We drive for a few minutes till I realize that we're headed for the offices. I frown, racking my brains trying to come up with a reason why. Nothing pops up, so I give up.

Once the car stops, I step out and head towards the front doors which slide open before me as I walk in. The strange thing is there is no one here. I look around for some sign of life but there is none.

I make my way to William's office and push the door open. Something soft and pink hits my face. I shriek, pushing it away only to realize that it's a balloon.

There is no one in the room except...Rose.

"Hey! What are you doing?" I ask, walking to her where she's sitting on the floor.

I kneel down next to her and set her on my leg before kissing her cheek. The door's room slams shut making me scream and jump to my feet.

William's standing there, smiling at me, holding a box.

"You scared me!" I gasp for air.

He smirks, walking up to his desk and opening the box.

"What is that?" I ask, walking up to him.

He takes Rose from me and pushes me forward with his other hand, before whispering in my ear.

"Happy Birthday."

"Why do I always forget?" I groan, pressing my head to his shoulder.

"Because you're Cassy." He says, making me laugh and smack his shoulder. "Come on, Rose, let's give mommy your present for her."

He sets her on the desk and then she WALKS! She starts hobbling towards me in her little pink frock, making tears spring up in my eyes.

"Oh Rose." I whisper, catching her as she stumbles and kissing her cheek.

"This is the best present ever. Though, kind of on the same footing as you proposing to me." I smile at William, tears spilling out.

"Hey!" He puts an arm around me and kisses me.

"Thank you." I say, kissing his cheek.

"No, thank you to your mom for giving birth to you." He says, making me laugh.

"Well, that was her choice." I laugh through the tears.

"I love you." He tells me.

"I love you too." I tell him.

PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey! A little request if any of you use Twitter (which I'm sure many of you do) then can you please tweet something for Cassy's birthday and tag me, my username is (me_Tehreem) and I'll retweet it or you can use the hashtag #HappyBirthdayCassy and I'll keep checking it for tweets! PLEASEEEE! I want to do something special for her birthday but I can't come up with anything except this, so please tweet something and tag me, so that I can retweet it! :)

~

P.S. Do go check out my new story, Life!