shopping adventures (3)

I change into a pair of white pants and a floral top. I'm running a brush through my hair when  a knock sounds on bedroom's door.

I open the door to find a butler there. "Yes?" I ask.

"The prince awaits your presence in his car." He tells me.

"Okay. Thank you." I tell him and go back into the room to grab my phone.

I go down the stairs to the entrance and step out into the sun. The Mercedes is parked at the foot of the steps. A guard opens the passenger door for me and slide in.

I start to turn towards him but he reaches over and gives me a quick kiss before starting to drive leaving me out of breath.

"Hey!" I say absentmindedly and tug on my seatbelt as I buckle it. Once I'm done, I ask. "How was your meeting?"

He sighs. "Okay, I guess. Same as all the others."

I look out of the window at the cars rushing past us, when a thought strikes me. "How come there were guards escorting us from the airport but not shopping?"

"They are just a couple cars back, so it isn't obvious." He replies and then adds. "Check the glove compartment."

I lean forward and push the lever to open it. I find a box in it, when I turn it over it says Ray Ban. I look at William and ask.

"Sunglasses?"

He smirks. "Did you really think that you can just walk into a store and do your shopping like you used to?"

I frown. "What is that supposed to mean?"

His smirk grows wider. "Remember that man from the pharmacy?"

The day comes rushing back to me. It was before we got married. I had gone out to get mom's medicine and he had followed me there, giving the man there a heart attack.

"You mean a disguise?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"You can say." He stops the car in the parking lot and kisses my cheek before putting on his own glasses.

"You look like James Bond." I comment.

He laughs and says. "Well, let's dot this then."

I put on my glasses and get out of the car. I looked around expecting to find people staring at me but everyone is going about their business as before.

I heave a sigh of relief and follow William towards the entrance of Target. He stops near the rows of carts and asks. "Do we need one?"

"Nah! No really." I tell him and start walking towards the aisles with him right behind me.

"Do you want to get something or...?" I ask him.

"Right! I'll just leave you to it. Call me when you're done." He kisses my forehead and walks away. I start walking looking for the right section." I start to walk past one when a packet catches my eye, making me realize that I'm in the right place.

I walk amongst the racks of pads and look for the ones I need. When I find the right ones, I pick up two packs and put them in a brown paper bag and then walk towards the till, pulling out my phone.

I dial my husband's number and put it to my phone. He picks up almost at once.

"I'm done." I say.

"Where are you?" He asks me.

I look around to see that I'm standing amongst chips racks. "I'm in the chips section. Where're you?"

"I'll meet you there." He ends the call.